Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Positive test after having tubes tied..

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2012 at 12:17 AM
  • 64 Replies
1 mom liked this

I have two beautiful little boys and in September of 08, I had my tubes either tied or clamped, I can't remember. I had medicaid at the time and was told that the cheapest thing would be done, but didn't know what that meant for me. Anyway, my last period was either November 25th or December 1st.. It was regularly on the 25th of each month like clockwork a few years back, but after having my second son, it moved to the 1st of every mont, again, like clockwork, no delays, etc.. Well, I'm over 9 days late on my period, maybe more, not sure. I've had *some* symptoms and a lot of dizziness, light headedness, etc. I decided to do a test today and it was a very faint positive but still positive regardless.. Even with my other two pregnancies, earlier on, it was faint results. Anyway, I'm waiting to make an appointment with a doctor because I want a blood test done and the health department only does regular pregnancy tests. I want to wait another week or so and if I still don't start, do another test so that the doctor doesn't think I'm insane. Please note, I haven't been late or have had a delay in my period for the past 3 years, so I'm hoping that it's nothing serious or a tubal pregnancy.

I would LOVE to have another child and really, nothing is stopping me financially, etc.... I am just nervous at the possibility of having another little one. Now, don't get me wrong, if I am indeed pregnant, I'll be estactic! Over the moon, even! I'm just not sure I can handle a baby at my age, plus with a 3 year old and 6 year old. I thought I was covered, etc.. I guess I'm just really a bundle of nerves right now.

Have any of you ladies experienced this? Or have had babies after having your tubes tied, burnt, clamped, etc.? And if you have, did you experience mild cramps? Anything like that? Nothing absolutely painful, but sort of like period cramps (mild) without the actual bleeding? 

by on Jan. 10, 2012 at 12:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LifesALilHectic
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2012 at 12:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Ummmm wow... Sue the doctor who did your tubes LOL j/k.... I dont think I have heard of that before.... I mean yea it is possible if they were only tied and not burnt.... I wish you the best hun

beadingmom17
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2012 at 12:28 AM
I haven't had my tubes tied, but I know of a couple women who have and still ended up pregnant...all depends on how well it was done and the way your body heals. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Jan. 10, 2012 at 12:31 AM

I've never had my tubes tied or anything so I can't help you there. I have had mild cramping with both of my healthy pregnancies though, it is normal. I'm glad to hear you would be so happy, but it is totally understandable that you would be on edge right now. It is rare to get a false positive, especially with all your symptoms. Good luck! I know you will be able to handle it. 

mnt_2_b_mommy
by on Jan. 10, 2012 at 12:32 AM
1 mom liked this
You need to see a dr ASAP. The risk of ectopic pregnancy is higher with tubals. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wife2jeff
by Joy on Jan. 10, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Although rare, your tubes can re-grow back together.  So, pregnancy is possible.  Maybe retest in the morning and see if its getting darker and definitely see your doctor asap.  CONGRATS and good luck:)

mind2reality
by on Jan. 10, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Thanks you guys :) In a way, I hope I'm not pregnant.. But I wouldn't be unhappy either. But I also want to make sure it's nothing serious..

I just hate to go into the Dr's office, sounding like a crazy person.. The GYN that I had after the tubal ligation, made a point to tell me that there was a chance I could still get pregnant. But not knowing what kind of procedure they did, it's hard to really have a good idea of the chances. I've never had problems with cysts, thyroids, etc.. so I really have no clue as to what else could cause this. I'm sort of hoping that I start my period soon because like someone else said, tubal pregnancy chances are REALLY high and I don't want to go through that.. I've heard it's really hard emotionally and physically.. 

TR is out of the question, money-wise, so if I ever want anymore children, there are a lot of children out there that need good, loving parents to love them :)

wife2jeff
by Joy on Jan. 10, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Please keep us posted on the outcome:)

mind2reality
by on Jan. 10, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Thanks wife2jeff :) I think my plan is to buy 2 more tests thursday (payday) and then go from there. Then I'll probably be taken more seriously if I say I've done 3 tests then they will find out what's going on. :)

amy31308
by Ashlee on Jan. 10, 2012 at 5:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I really think you need to contact your doctor tomorrow (or today if they are still open) and make an appointment asap to make sure that it isn't a tubal. Since chances are higher that it *could* be a tubal, it'll be better to find out sooner rather than later. 

I have no experiences with this. But best wishes!!

mem82
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2012 at 5:41 PM
Quoting amy31308:

I really think you need to contact your doctor tomorrow (or today if they are still open) and make an appointment asap to make sure that it isn't a tubal. Since chances are higher that it *could* be a tubal, it'll be better to find out sooner rather than later. 

I have no experiences with this. But best wishes!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)