Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

whats the best formula for babys ??

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:46 AM
  • 88 Replies

i am going to brest feed...but i hear thats some times is not good enough or the baby dont take to it..so my question is what is the best baby formula to use cause i been hearing lot different things....but whats best...

BTW not to be mean but do not answer if u dont know....please an thank u:)

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Delila12
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:48 AM
3 moms liked this
Bump. Idk
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
C8Baxter
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:49 AM
Breastmilk. :) it's rare to not produce enough. And it's always good enough. You could always get donor milk if needed.

Otherwise, homemade is best. And it depends on the needs of your child.

And start with a can do attitude:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mzarmstrong
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:53 AM

some times it not good enough cause i have a friend that just had a baby an she was doing that an the baby was losing wight an they told her to feed the baby brest milk an enfamil newborn...so yes it can happen i just what to know what formula is good 

LADYEMBRACE602
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:55 AM
I use similac advance blue can. Its a great way to start off ur baby.I'm going to use it for my baby girl when I have her in march.
PoodleMum
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:56 AM
5 moms liked this

There is no "best" formula (besides breastmilk).  No baby will handle a brand or type the same, they're all made to the exact same standard and very similar.  If you truely want to succeed at breastfeeding, don't keep any in the house.  It is very unusual to not produce enough, as long as baby is making 6-8 wet or messy diapers, he's getting enough :)  Babies are just fussy creatures and never will seem satisfied, it's totally normal to nurse 20 hours out of the day.  Join the Breastfeeding Moms group or your local Le Leche League, they're both really helpful :)

mommyjenn84
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Good as youll get is homemade... Other wise they are all the same.

Breastmilk is best... Donor milk is better than formula
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TTC2Long
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:03 AM
1 mom liked this
There's probably a lot more to the story than just that. It's extremely rare that there is a true issue with a mother's bm. Often, she just doesn't have the correct info and support to overcome the typical obstacles. Also, pediatricians are notorious for giving bad advice to bf moms. They mostly mean well, they just aren't trained in it themselves. In their entire education, bf training is only given a few hours.

Good luck on your successful bf relationship! Join the breastfeeding moms group for tons of good info and support. :)

Quoting mzarmstrong:

some times it not good enough cause i have a friend that just had a baby an she was doing that an the baby was losing wight an they told her to feed the baby brest milk an enfamil newborn...so yes it can happen i just what to know what formula is good 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Salsacookies
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:08 AM

I would go with Similac or Enfamil.

AerickMomi_MrsD
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:11 AM

similac

Mazerolle
by Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:13 AM
I used the blue can of similac.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)