Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*updated* hes not excited

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:41 AM
  • 12 Replies
Ok im a little scared to admit this but im sooo happy im pregnant. My bf isn't though. We weren't trying as such. Just letting nature take its course. He said what the f bomb do we do now. Is this a normal reaction of a first time dad??

***update***

Had my u/s yesterday baby is embedded and everything looks great. Im 4w4d today yay!! It was amazing bf cried hes getting excited now and he insisted we go shopping for baby clothes after. And spent all his christmas bonus on clothes for bumpy it equated to 2 loads of laundry got to love kmart sales :) his mum is buying the baby swing. Things are really looking up i haven't even had much in the way of morning sickness :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
candimalice
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:48 AM
Depending on age and situation yes its normal, he is thinking of all that comes with being a parent, and being that it wasn't planned its a huge shock to him and he has a lot on his mind... give him some time he might warm up to it, hopefully he will. And congrats!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Endo.girl
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:52 AM
Thank you, hes 24, im 24 in 9 days. But i have medical issues and i was told i may never have children naturally. This is my 3rd pregnancy the first two ended in miscarages. So maybe that is why hes not excited yet. I know im trying not to be too excited because the future is so uncertain. Could it be hes not excited because if i have another miscarage it might hurt him alot again
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyjenn84
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:55 AM
This.

Quoting candimalice:

Depending on age and situation yes its normal, he is thinking of all that comes with being a parent, and being that it wasn't planned its a huge shock to him and he has a lot on his mind... give him some time he might warm up to it, hopefully he will. And congrats!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:16 PM

It can be...I would just let things ride out a little and hopefully he warms up to the idea.  It could just be shock.  Good luck and congrats

kelly617
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Possibly...My DF didn't drop the EFF but he was def not as excited as I was...he really didn't show much emotion at all during my pregnancy so I was really worried he wouldn't want the baby
Now that the baby is here it is SUCH a difference...he can't wait to get home and see his little boy and he plays with him constantly

Guys are just different about pregnancy...we're so attached from the minute we find out because we feel him/her constantly for 9months...its not "REAL" for him until baby is here and can be held.....I bet your bf will be different once he meets his child

mommy2clarke
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:57 PM

It's very normal for them to have a reaction like that. Most first time dads are scared at first, especially if they're young and the pregnancy came on as a complete surprise. He'll eventually come around though. Congrats and good luck!

hwalker123
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:09 AM

It can be a normal response if you were just letting nature take its course and now he has to face the music and he's probably freaked out now because he probably wasn't expecting it. But hello if you aren't using protection what do you expect. But yes it can be normal. There is some guys who don't get excited till the baby is here and they get to see him/her for the 1st time. Or till they see baby on an u/s or hear the hb etc... congrats though

akrall83
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:21 AM

My ex was pretty dispondant until my son was a few months old. He hid my son from most of his family until he was 9 months old. I'm still hurt and angry about it. But yeah, he pretty much had the same reaction and refused to face it. He loves him more than anything now.

CafeMom Tickers
KeraRicelle
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:24 AM
Its normal. How far are u? I'm 14 weeks and I'm still waiting for df to getting excited like I am but he worrys way more then me so I'm hoping tomorrow when we go see the Dr he jumps on the excitement wagon...gl hun I been threw 5m/c
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Endo.girl
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 2:50 AM
By my calculation im either 3 or 5 weeks my cycle is screwed up thanks to endo. I had my mirena removed today and my gp thinks im 5 weeks. Seeing my m/w tomorrow and an u/s tec going to do an early scan, i don't want to see it though. I don't want to see until i get to 12 weeks because of my previous scans. Im so nervous im making myself sick. But im deff pregnant. Hopfully i can hold this one for longer than 9 weeks :) thanks for the advice ladies will update you all tomorrow
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)