Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

swollen ankle and pain

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:27 PM
  • 4 Replies
So I've tried to google this and it keeps coming up as PAD, pretty sure that's not the problem lol. I'm 26 weeks and last night my right ankle and calf started swelling and you can see all the veins in my ankle and foot. It was just an achy feeling at first with some swelling so I took a warm bath, some tylenol, and I elevated my leg and put ice on it. When I got up this morning it was still swollen and everytime I put pressure on it I have a sharp pain all the way up to my knee. Anyone else experience this?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Ive never had any issues with my ankles besides just swelling...I have had knee pain before, but that was the hormone relaxin coming on down causing it.  I hope you feel better

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:15 PM

Is there any way you could have injured it? If not, it could be a blood clot. You may want to see your doctor. Is it red at all or hot to the touch?

JamieLyn822
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:29 PM

I would call your doc, sudden swelling like that could also be a sign of early pre-e.

preggars
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:31 PM
no way I injured it. it looks like there is some discoloration around the ankle bone but I haven't hit it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)