Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Really need help, not sure what to do

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:58 PM
  • 8 Replies
So last night the contractions started. I'm 37 weeks now. They were every 4 minutes and enough to wake me up. Enough I had to breathe. Enough i didn't want to talk.
I drank 2 bottles of water, peed every 10 min, took a bath, sat on the labor ball... 2 hrs later, stronger and longer but still about 4 min apart. Then it felt JUST like when my water broke with my son. No big gush. Just a tiny sort of click followed by trickling that's worse when I move.
So I finally went in after FOUR hours of 4 min apart contractions. The doc wasn't my doc but some on call douche bag. Seriously the worst bedside manner ever. He specked and said "i don't see any pooling like your water broke" he didn't that I saw or felt do any cultures with litmus paper or anything. I AM STILL LEAKING. This is WATER not discharge. This is my second kid. I'm
Not peeing. I'm not stupid. I have another appt with MY doc tuesday but I dont know if I should wait that long if my water has broke. Thoughts? Is it ok for her to hang out with the water broken for a couple days?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MegClayton
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Dont wait! Most hospitals have a policy where they must deliver the baby if its been 24 hours since your water broke because of increase of infection. My sister was in labor 36 hours after her water broke and her daughter has cerebral palsy because of it. GL

KimandCarrie
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I would go in to the er and just tell them your water broke and you want the litmus test.

C8Baxter
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:10 PM
Yes it's ok to have your water leaking. It replenishes itself. Keep an eye on it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
saltyalley1227
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:13 PM
I called the hospital and they said he did do the test... So I guess it's really not broken. Could have fooled me... If it gets worse I'll probably call and bug my doc again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ffirsttimemommy
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:18 PM
I'd go in! Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:26 PM

Are your contractions still steady? It is ok to go a while with your water broken. You just need to keep everything out of your vagina and stay hydrated. Since it sounds like he did check you, you are at more of a risk for infection. You should be monitoring your temperature for signs of a fever which would indicate infection. Do you know how long this doctor is on call? If you know that he will be off after today I would wait and go in once he is gone. 

saltyalley1227
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:32 PM

They are only about every 15 min now.  I think i will def. be keeping tabs on when he is on shift to make sure and avoid him.  he was awful.  i called and asked though and they SAID he did do the test... i kind of still dont believe them though... lol.  wateryest discharge ever if that is indeed what it is.  hopefully ill have my mucus plug fall out or something soon to give me a clue something is actually happening...

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

Are your contractions still steady? It is ok to go a while with your water broken. You just need to keep everything out of your vagina and stay hydrated. Since it sounds like he did check you, you are at more of a risk for infection. You should be monitoring your temperature for signs of a fever which would indicate infection. Do you know how long this doctor is on call? If you know that he will be off after today I would wait and go in once he is gone. 

CafeMom Tickers
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Your mucous plug won't tell you anything. I lost mine 5 weeks before having my first baby. The best thing you can do to figure out  what it is is put on a pad. I believe the rule is, if you soak through 3 pads in an hour or something like that, then it is your water. I know you can have REALLY slow trickles though, so I would say if you soak a pad at all. 

Quoting saltyalley1227:

They are only about every 15 min now.  I think i will def. be keeping tabs on when he is on shift to make sure and avoid him.  he was awful.  i called and asked though and they SAID he did do the test... i kind of still dont believe them though... lol.  wateryest discharge ever if that is indeed what it is.  hopefully ill have my mucus plug fall out or something soon to give me a clue something is actually happening...

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)