Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

a good way to get rid of headaces??

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:56 PM
  • 21 Replies

i took tylenol several hours ago and its not helping!! my head hurts so bad..anyone know how to get rid of headaces without medicine??

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crystalrbp
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:03 PM
2 moms liked this
I usually take a warm bath after I get out, get dressed turn out all light in my room and just either lay there with the pillow over my eyes or I put the pillow over my eyes and take a nap. If that don't help then I take a couple more tylenol and let it do it's thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Sleep, a cold rag on your head, lots of water, a massage. But, how far along are you? Do you often have headaches? How has your blood pressure been? A bad headache can be a sign of high blood pressure.

sarahramirez
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

Sleep, a cold rag on your head, lots of water, a massage. But, how far along are you? Do you often have headaches? How has your blood pressure been? A bad headache can be a sign of high blood pressure.

im 25 weeks..almost 26..my blood pressure has always been normal..i get headaces a lot..and i got them a lot before i got pregnant too..and the only thing that ever works for me is excedrine migrane but now i cant take it anymore :(

JT32606_
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:07 PM
sex! lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy_Burge
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Vicodin.....JUST KIDDING!!!! Lol

A warm bath...warm washcloth on your forehead. Beating your husband.....lol...thats what helps me :D
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this

That sucks. Good that it isn't a new thing though. Tylenol does nothing for my headaches. I believe there is something you can take for migraines while pregnant, you should probably ask your doctor about it.

Quoting sarahramirez:

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

im 25 weeks..almost 26..my blood pressure has always been normal..i get headaces a lot..and i got them a lot before i got pregnant too..and the only thing that ever works for me is excedrine migrane but now i cant take it anymore :(

JamieLyn822
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Sometimes caffiene will really help a headache. I get them alot too, always have and still while preggo and like you, tylenol rarely helps, unless I take it with something caffinated. Caffiene is one of the ingredients in excedrin migraine.

Kristen9286
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:45 PM
Caffeine is the only thing that works for me. I get severe migraines with this pregnancy and caffeine makes it totally go away within an hour
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Toomsie
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Drinking a lot of water. Lots of times headaches are caused by dehydration. Also, lie on the bed with your eyes closed, lightly press your tongue on the roof of your mouth directly behind your upper teeth and then breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth.

Aadensma
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:11 PM
Yes there is. I suffer from migraines and the meds are limited when you're pregnant, of course. My dr prescribed me tylenol 3 and Butalb. At first he told me to take a tylenol and rest. I laughed and said if either of those things worked I would be a very happy girl.

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

That sucks. Good that it isn't a new thing though. Tylenol does nothing for my headaches. I believe there is something you can take for migraines while pregnant, you should probably ask your doctor about it.

Quoting sarahramirez:

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)