Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bringing baby home

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:17 PM
  • 6 Replies

My daughter Serenity understands that I am having another baby. However she is not happy about having a brother, she keeps saying she is getting a sister and not a brother. I am worried that when I bring the baby home she will not be happy about it, and may even not like the baby. Do any moms have any suggestions on how i might be able to make this a little easier for her, and less stressful for me.

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
doulala
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:18 PM

When are you due and how old is Serenity?

Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:19 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tattoomom11
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:22 PM

I am due april 7th and Serenity is 4 years old.

m4m4j
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe have her come with u to pick some boy related things for the baby??? Let her pick some all by herself. My DD was 4 also and she loves picking out blankets and stuff even though she wanted a girl also. Now she says the baby in my tummy is a girl bc we already have a boy... Hope she's right lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
_muffin_
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:21 PM

My almost 4 year old wanted another brother, not a sister. He freaked out when we told him, like I knew he would so we recorded his reaction. He kept insisting our baby due in Feb HAS to be a boy. After a few months he is now very excited to have a sister. Give it time and try to talk to her about all the fun things she can do with her new brother. Take her shopping and have her pick out a special outfit for her brother. You have plenty of time and I am sure she will come around eventually. 

Actingbaby
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:46 PM

I agree let her pick something out for baby. She will come around. You still have a little time. Talk to her daily about baby brother.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)