• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sooo many questions about once baby is home!! help!!

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:45 PM
  • 15 Replies
How long were you sore after the birth? Does it hurt to move?

How many diapers on average do you go through a day or a week?

Where did you get your nursing bra?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Owl_Feather
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:47 PM

I was good to go after a few weeks, it didnt hurt to move after a few days after birth.

I cant recall the amt of diapers...it was 3 years ago and I was a zombie LOL.

I got the bras and tanks from target!

momof52011
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:49 PM

With my first I was sore for a couple of weeks perhaps. With subsequent pregnancies probably a tiny bit less, not much at all less. Maybe a few days. However after I gave birth the first time what I was totally not expecting was the all over muscle body aching. It didn't last too long though, just as if I'd strained every muscle in my body... Achy!

Newborns go through 10+ a day at first. Perhaps 12ish. I know they average once every 2 hours according to the baby book I read way back.

Nursing bra I can't help you with because I'm in the UK!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

saltyalley1227
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:50 PM
2 weeks it was before I was moving normally again. I had a vaginal delivery and epesiotomy, just so u have more detail.

Diapers depend if your breast feeding or formula feeding. You will go through more if you are breast feeding. The first week my son probably pood every 1-2 hours and was breast fed. It tapers down after a couple weeks. I'm expecting my 2nd any day now and have 2 big boxes of nb dipes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
saltyalley1227
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:52 PM
It entered too soon, sorry. 2 boxes of diapers. I am thinking they'll last 2 weeks.

I got my nursing bras at babies r us.

Good luck!!

Quoting saltyalley1227:

2 weeks it was before I was moving normally again. I had a vaginal delivery and epesiotomy, just so u have more detail.

Diapers depend if your breast feeding or formula feeding. You will go through more if you are breast feeding. The first week my son probably pood every 1-2 hours and was breast fed. It tapers down after a couple weeks. I'm expecting my 2nd any day now and have 2 big boxes of nb dipes

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lfrrll5
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:53 PM
I had a natural labor and was fine within minutes.
Number of diapers just depends. The first week one 36 count pack. By week 2 I was using double that. That's breastfeeding them. Formula fed they were 2 packs a week. I order my nursing bras online because my size isn't carried in stores.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Brandy85412
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:54 PM

How long were you sore after the birth? Does it hurt to move? with first I was sore for 2 weeks. It hurt to move for the first couple of days. Second sore for 1 week. hurt to move a couple of days

How many diapers on average do you go through a day or a week? 6-8 a day they pooped after every feeding.

Where did you get your nursing bra? My mil got some at walmart or target can't remember for me. Walmart doesn't carry then in store anymore I believe target does though.

Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:56 PM
I really wasnt sore at all after birth but i didnt need stiches either. Ive been going through a pack of diapers a week. I dont have a nursing bra i just use my reg one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heather4511
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:57 PM
I was pretty sore the first few days, ice packs were my friend. But once the swelling went down it felt better, and it helped to sleep with a pillow between my knees.

I probably went though 6-8 diapers a day as well with my dd.

I believe my bras came from Walmart but they are not there anymore. So I would try Target this time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cherryxcupcake
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:59 PM
Walmart does u just have to look gor them. I wanna day they r 2 for 10.

Quoting Brandy85412:

How long were you sore after the birth? Does it hurt to move? with first I was sore for 2 weeks. It hurt to move for the first couple of days. Second sore for 1 week. hurt to move a couple of days

How many diapers on average do you go through a day or a week? 6-8 a day they pooped after every feeding.

Where did you get your nursing bra? My mil got some at walmart or target can't remember for me. Walmart doesn't carry then in store anymore I believe target does though.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kylansmommy09
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Every one is diff. are you having a natural birth or c-section? i had natural with my first i was up and moving fine although i got a hemorrhoid that was HORRABLE! with my second i had an emergency c and i was bed ridden for two weeks and it has been almost 7 weeks and I'm starting to do normal things again. on average a baby should have 8-10 dirty diapers and i got my nursing bras from walmart they work GREAT dont forget about the pads. and i would get a size er two bigger my boobs got huge! i went up 2 cup sizes :D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)