Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm Too Scared... Any Moms with mental disabilities have advice?? i'm 19 and pregnant (just found out)

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:00 PM
  • 17 Replies

I have asperger syndrome and bipolar disorder

i am on 6 medications...

Concerta, Abilify, Klonopin, Intuniv, Lithium, and Lamictal... my doctor told me to stop taking lithium immediatly and well work out the rest later... i'm so scared... 

i'm 19 and extremely high functioning... however without my medication i am really really bad... i dont know what to do... I am 3 weeks 5 days pregnant... ive had 3 positive tests now so i'm pretty sure theyre correct... today would have been my first day of my period and i should have woken up with it if i was to get it... thats how i always am... and no bleeding at all...

Anyone on medication or with a mental disability have any advice??? PLEASE let me know... i need all the help i can get... i'm looking into homes for unwed mothers right now... so if there are any clinic types that could help me that would be great to know... i can move anywhere though i am from texas...

I'm so freaked... i'm 19... im too young for this...

Please Help

Izzy

ALSO 

any health problems with your baby if you went through this???

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
onlyizzy
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:14 PM

anyone???

aprilsalcro
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:17 PM
Bump , no advice I hope everything works out
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TJSMommy12406
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Call your doctor/obgyn!!  I'm sure your not the 1st with your condition to be pregnant!!  The dr will tell you what needs to be done!!

onlyizzy
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:18 PM

bump, thanks

Melissa0741
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:19 PM
I'm sorry hun. I don't have much advice for you because I don't know anything about asbergers or bipolar disorder. I do know that people get pregnant with all types of disabilities, both mental and physical, and you can do it!
On another note, when I was 19 and pregnant with my son I also lived in a home for unwed mothers. It was one of the best things that ever happened to me, as I learned so much about myself and about life in general.
Good luck to you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
onlyizzy
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:19 PM

@TJSmommy... i'm calling tomorrow... i spoke with my psych yesterday breifly who said he'd help me later... i hope i get answers... tomorrows a holiday though so it  may be tuesday before i can really get help... i'm so scared its gonna hurt the baby...

onlyizzy
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:20 PM

@Melissa what home did you live in??? I'm trying to find a good one... and thankyou so much i've been nervous about looking for homes and that makes me feel a ton better

SwePea
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:34 PM
I'm not sure of the meds can harm the baby but you can look up what each one has been graded. I have anxiety and was taking xanax but went cold turkey off it a few weeks ago. I just have to ride the panic attacks out now. Things like guided imagery & working out helps.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cutestmom24
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:42 PM
My mom is physicoprenic (I'm not sure if I spelled it the right way) and I came out fine. My mom told me that when she found out she was prego. With me the dr lowerd the dose of the medication she was taking.
feel free to add me if you like.if you need someone to talk to message me if you like.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyRJ
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:46 PM
I don't know either.. But I took anti anxiety/depression meds while pregnant with my 2nd. I stopped for the 1st 12weeks and thought I was going to go insane so my OB put me on a "safe" kind. My daughter came out fine, she's almost 2..

I hope you get the answers & help you need :)

And this sort of made me smile cause my 3yo son is being screened in 3 weeks for Autism and I've never met an adult with any of the ASDs.

Good luck sweet heart
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)