• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies in Nursery at night

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:43 PM
  • 37 Replies

I'm having my 4th baby in may and just went for a tour of the hospital.  I was told that they dont' have babies sleeping overnight in the nursery b/c all the moms choose to keep them in their rooms. With my other 3 kids I always sent them back at night so I could sleep.  I figured it would be my last sleep in a long time.  Am I the only one who does this?  I understand if you're nursing it would be better, but I'm formula feeding.  I was told that I have the option of sending him back to nursery but that he would not be given attention as much b/c they would be busy with babies coming into the nursery for bathing.  I feel like that is neglect.  Has anyone else send their child back at night or am I the only one?  Just curious!

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ColieO
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:44 PM
I never trusted to let my babies be away from me lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JT32606_
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:44 PM
i refuse to leave my baby in the nursery. baby rooms in with me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommylove.sl.ei
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:47 PM
Your baby won need attention though. If he was in the room with you you would be sleeping and baby would most likely be too. If baby is crying a nurse will take care of him, they would never neglect a baby. I would say send him back if you want. I will. At least a couple hours so I can have worry free sleep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Actingbaby
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:48 PM

All of my babies have stayed in room with me. I was told with my first that the babies going to the nursery at night was the old school way of thinking. Good luck!

fatcat0908
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:50 PM
I nursed and sent all my babies to the nursery at night. I think going home from the hospital well rested is good for both mom and baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sam.Marie
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:51 PM
I sent my baby to the nursery... But I gave birth in a small hospital and there were only 2 other babies and they were hardly in the nursery.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
youngbabyblue
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:11 PM
I personally don't allow my baby to go anywhere without me or the father. Some hospitals won't even allow it unless there are complications they have to be accompanied by the father or family member.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Larsbug
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:17 PM

I sent him back to the nursery at night... they never had a problem with it...and I will with this baby too

JESS-10
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:24 PM
Same ↓

Quoting Larsbug:

I sent him back to the nursery at night... they never had a problem with it...and I will with this baby too

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gavs4boys
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:25 PM

ok I had a blonde moment You are talking about while in the hospital lol. I've had my babies with me in the room for the most part but I've also had the nurses take them to the nursery so I could get some sleep.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)