Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why does it happen?

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:46 PM
  • 8 Replies

some times my belly button hurts alot almost like its being pulled from the inside or almost like a needle is being stuck in it.. does anyone else deal with this?? or does anyone know why this happens?

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ragdoll13
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:48 PM
My belly button feels like its gonna pop somedays and to be 100% honest- my belly button coming out is the scariest part of pregnancy to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Actingbaby
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:51 PM

I have had my belly button be sore a little bit with each pregnancy. But never really painful. How far along are you?

coltonsmom507
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:09 PM

im 5 1/2 months.  it almost feels like it the pain kinds shoots down my nerve. its so weird. it doesnt worry me at all. just a little weird. didnt no if it was normal or not

akrall83
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:21 PM

I'd talk to your OB about it at your next appointment. It's possible that it's herniated and will need to be watched. Mine's pretty sensitive now that it's turning inside out, so it's probably just from your uterus pushing on it. I would definately mention it so that they can tell you one way or another :)

CafeMom Tickers
babygomez
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:24 PM
I've never experienced this, but I agree with the person above, just mention it to your OB, in case it's something that needs to be looked at :0)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coltonsmom507
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:42 PM

thanks everyone! ill deff ask :)

nathans_mom407
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:45 PM

I've never experienced pain during my first two pregnancies and am not far enough along in this one to know.  I agree with other posters and would bring it up with the OB.

Ragdoll13:  Don't be scared!  It goes back to normal and is kinda funny.  Like a turkey timer!  ;-)

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:48 PM

It is probably from being stretched and the baby just hitting a nerve wrong. Pregnancy is full of so many weird pains and feelings.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)