• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

really bad nausea

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:01 PM
  • 23 Replies
Ladies I'm at my not doing good at all.....my nausea is bad I haven't been pregnant in twelve years...I don't remember it being this bad what do ladies take for nausea.I've been laying here for two days its bad please let me know.
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Angeleyes_6
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:50 PM
I had it bad with all five and the first trimester with this one. I know if it gets really bad your doctor can give you meds for it otherwise just trial and error to what will sit well and what will help. With my fourth it was gatorade and broth and with my fifth it was tea. With this one I just drank water and nibbled ginger snap cookies. Ginger is pretty good at helping. Either ginger snap cookies,ginger ale, ginger pills or ginger tea. You can try the saltine cracker thing but it personally didn't work for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:55 PM

I never took anything with mine. Just do your best to keep a little bit of food on your stomach at all times.  I found sucking on popsicles helped a lot. If you do need something though, usually the doctors prescribe zofran.

miaa36
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:10 PM
I'm going to try the ginger and the popsicles thanks...
kelsiey
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:15 PM

If its that bad maybe tell your doctor and he can prescribe you something for it.

OneMoreMommy88
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 3:05 AM
They make bracelets now that can help with the nausea Im in my second tri and STILL sick all day Im picking mine up tomorrow
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eykelley
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 4:25 AM
1 mom liked this
My dr gave me zofran and it helps. But if I forget to take it back to back my nausea also gets really bad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jaiya20
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 4:30 AM
2 years ago i had nausea so bad i cudnt evn drink water without vomiting i was in and out the hospital every week for my first two months...then my dr told me the baby was taking all of me so he did terminated the baby with my consent....i cudnt take it he said he neva seen nothng like it....they wud pump me wit a i.v fluids and i wud start puking that up......i was puking the meds up.....however my pregnancy last year i had horrible (but not as bad as before) sickness i ended up being admited to the hospital once a month for the first four months. But then it was over. However girl salt wud ease it but i knw it was bad for me...i wud eep salt packets in my pocket and jus eat em. Ask ur dr for sum nausea pills.......them worked as well...the first perscribtion may not be strong enough but he can up the dosage.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jvasquez0812
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 4:44 AM

im 30 weeks and my nausea still bad.., try eating very small portiens and eat slowly,, try toasting bread they said that works for nausea and bananas.. good luck nothing works for me with my first baby i was never sick and with this one im sick all the time only gained 7lbs soo far.. 

miaa36
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 8:45 AM
Quoting jvasquez0812:

im 30 weeks and my nausea still bad.., try eating very small portiens and eat slowly,, try toasting bread they said that works for nausea and bananas.. good luck nothing works for me with my first baby i was never sick and with this one im sick all the time only gained 7lbs soo far.. 

Oh god...nothing works??? You only have 10 more weeks much luck.
miaa36
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 8:47 AM
Quoting OneMoreMommy88:

They make bracelets now that can help with the nausea Im in my second tri and STILL sick all day Im picking mine up tomorrow

Girl I'll hang garlic around my neck if it works...where do you get the brackets?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)