Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For those that labored in a tub...

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:50 PM
  • 29 Replies
1 mom liked this
What did you wear? I will be in a labor tub in the hospital and I don't like the idea of being naked. I am self conscious and would be more relaxed if I had something on. I was thinking a tank top and maybe some swim shorts? I want to avoid cervix checks for the most part so I thought wearing some bottoms might keep nurses away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
allsolittle
by Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:06 PM
I didn't care who saw me naked at that point.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JZB
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:07 PM
Ya I took a gym bra and shorts but didn't care at that point either
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elyssa414
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:08 PM
I bought a sports bra, but I was more comfy naked
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3Ncounting
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:20 PM
You can't wear shorts in labor, how's the baby gonna come out?
Have you had kids before?
When you have a natural labor you won't care who is in the room, you just want to be done. I was pissed when the nurses was puting a gown on me, I could care less to have had it on! I wanted a natural tub birth but they don't offer it here nor midwives! Wish they did though!!
I am not sure why you would worry about what to wear honestly you won't care at that time and you won't even remember a lot of it unless you are very calm and can focus of everyone else as well as breathing and enduring the pain. Anyhow gl
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
norahsmommy
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Yes, its my fourth.  This is the first time laboring in a tub.  The hospital has a policy that you can't give birth in the tub, just labor in it. I don't really feel comfy naked.  Even in labor I wear the hospital gown.  Im not wearing a gown in the tub though but Id still like my top half covered.  The shorts were mostly to keep the nurses from doing cervix checks.  Last time I had almost 20 checks in my 8 hr labor and it was really really abnoxious.  Plus if I can get away with getting to 10 in the tub I think I can pop baby out before they make me get out =). 

Quoting 3Ncounting:

You can't wear shorts in labor, how's the baby gonna come out?
Have you had kids before?
When you have a natural labor you won't care who is in the room, you just want to be done. I was pissed when the nurses was puting a gown on me, I could care less to have had it on! I wanted a natural tub birth but they don't offer it here nor midwives! Wish they did though!!
I am not sure why you would worry about what to wear honestly you won't care at that time and you won't even remember a lot of it unless you are very calm and can focus of everyone else as well as breathing and enduring the pain. Anyhow gl

Everyone who supported slavery was free.  Everyone who supports abortion was born.  That, my friends, is how oppression works.  -Anonymous

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:08 PM
I hope to have this baby in the water and am planning to wear a sports bra.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Avetay
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:09 PM
I'm planning a water birth. In bringing sports bras and tank tops. (dark colors so if they get too stained it wont be as noticeable). With my first I was more comfortable in just a sports bra and a sheet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyrelsmom
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:42 PM
I'd probably wear a tank. Swim shorts would be too much of a pain to get off when necessary, though. Do you have some cotton pj shorts or something of that nature?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
norahsmommy
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:46 PM

I have some cotton stretchy drawstring shorts.  I usually wear those to work out in or over my swimsuit.  Maybe those would be easier to take off fast.  My plan was to get to 10 cm without anyone noticing so I can 'oops' birth in the tub.  Probably wont work, but you never know.  I am going to a group of ob's and one midwife.  She said that the hospital policy was you can't birth in the tub, but if you 'just went too fast  and baby pops out, what are we going to do about that" and then she winked at me. 

Quoting tyrelsmom:

I'd probably wear a tank. Swim shorts would be too much of a pain to get off when necessary, though. Do you have some cotton pj shorts or something of that nature?

Everyone who supported slavery was free.  Everyone who supports abortion was born.  That, my friends, is how oppression works.  -Anonymous

sarahmiamaria
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:22 PM

I was wondering the same thing! This is my second child and I am gonna try for a water birth and am very modest and self conscious and would like my boobies covered at least! Im thinking I will bring a loose tank top and maybe a sports bra and see what feels right :) good luck gettin baby out in the tub before they stop you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)