• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

VBA2C Possible?

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:59 PM
  • 21 Replies

Has anyone had a vaginal birth after two c-sections?  I really want to do this, but my OBs are against it.  They said I am too small and the risk for rupture/ bad things is high.  I was thinking that vbacs were safer then multiple sections so I just need some info.  Thanks !

Ashley, Momma To Dallas and Serenity and Wife To Howard

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TippyD
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:06 PM

yes they are possible:) check out birth without fear's blog*she had a homebirth after 2c/s... I believe :) I have heard of it a couple times..

mnt_2_b_mommy
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Why are they saying you are too small? That's something they can't tell until after the baby is born. Show them the latest guidelines from the ACOG (which they SHOULD be following) that show that women with 2 prior c sections should be allowed to have a trial of labor. No need to schedule a repeat c-section just because you've had 2. I'm having a VBA2C myself. My OB didn't even blink an eye, he just figured that's what I'd want. Obs are notorious for intervening when it's not necessary and the majority of times it's for their own convenience. There are very few reasons why a VBA2C wouldn't be an option. Besides, it's not up to them anyway. You are the patient, aka boss, and they are your employee. They can not force you to have a c-section against your will. Have you thought about finding a new Ob or a midwife instead? Also, check out your local ICAN chapter, they should have suggestions for VBAC friendly providers in your area.

HeidiLong07
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:08 PM
My friend had a vaginal birth after two c-sections last year. It was beautiful. I was lucky enough to be there with her. Our OB supports vbacs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arianaxangel23
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:13 PM

They are saying I am too small because I am 4'9, 90 lbs.  I don't really buy it.    I have state medical assistance so my options are very limited unfortunately.

Quoting mnt_2_b_mommy:

Why are they saying you are too small? That's something they can't tell until after the baby is born. Show them the latest guidelines from the ACOG (which they SHOULD be following) that show that women with 2 prior c sections should be allowed to have a trial of labor. No need to schedule a repeat c-section just because you've had 2. I'm having a VBA2C myself. My OB didn't even blink an eye, he just figured that's what I'd want. Obs are notorious for intervening when it's not necessary and the majority of times it's for their own convenience. There are very few reasons why a VBA2C wouldn't be an option. Besides, it's not up to them anyway. You are the patient, aka boss, and they are your employee. They can not force you to have a c-section against your will. Have you thought about finding a new Ob or a midwife instead? Also, check out your local ICAN chapter, they should have suggestions for VBAC friendly providers in your area.

Ashley, Momma To Dallas and Serenity and Wife To Howard

Lovebug9710
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:15 PM
I had 2 csections and want a vbac with this one but im very scared.. So ive been weighin out all my options.. I have another 30 weeks to go so I have some time to think it thru..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mnt_2_b_mommy
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:21 PM

It is extremely rare for your body to grow a baby it can't birth. Don't worry, that is a common scare tactic. Your options may be limited but it's still up to you, even if you have to go in pushing, you can't be forced into a c section. They can't drop you as a patient within 30 days of your due date, so if I had no other options what I would do is just go along with their game and then refuse the c section. They'll have no choice but to "let" you, and if you walk into a hospital, even with a VBAC "ban" they can't turn you away and they can't force you into surgery. You have to consent for it, don't let them make the choices. :-)

Quoting arianaxangel23:

They are saying I am too small because I am 4'9, 90 lbs.  I don't really buy it.    I have state medical assistance so my options are very limited unfortunately.

Quoting mnt_2_b_mommy:

Lilypie Maternity tickers
LoveMyBlessings
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:21 PM
I've had one! Message me with any questions!
mnt_2_b_mommy
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:32 PM

A VBA2C? Have you posted your birth story anywhere? I'd love to read it! I had a "failed" VBAC last pregnancy (totally ridiculous) and am planning a VBA2C for this one. :-)

Quoting LoveMyBlessings:

I've had one! Message me with any questions!

Aadensma
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:35 PM
I desperately want to do a vbac but I'm not getting answers as to whether or not this hospital allows it. I have heard they don't but when I tried calling someone to find out, they got my name/number and said a supervisor would call me. It's been a week. I have contacted a midwife, I might be doing an at home birth. I would like to hear op's birth stories and why you ended up with c-sections.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arianaxangel23
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:45 PM

My story:  With my first baby I was induced at 37 weeks, after 25 hours they said I needed an "emergency csection."   My second baby I was going for a vbac, but health issues with my baby arose so they had to take her at 37 weeks.  They wouldn't induce me so I had a planned csection at 37 weeks.    My daughter is only 7 months old.  So it will be 13 months in between that csection and the new baby's birth. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)