Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

PLEASE HELP! 2nd pregnancy- first trimester braxton hicks concerns/questions

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2012 at 11:11 PM
  • 13 Replies

I appreciate the read and the help if you have any to offer!

This is my second pregnancy, I am in my 12th week. I've noticed that I've already started having BH contractions as of the 10th week and am concerned a bit. I've already done the research into BH and know that subsequent pregnancys can have you feeling BH as early as the first trimester. My concern, however, stems from an issue I had with my first pregnancy. I was never put on bedrest with pregnancy 1, but I was taken off of work at 23 weeks because of preterm labor issues. I went into preterm 3 different times with the last time being the worst. I was admitted to the hospital and given steroid shots to develop baby's lungs in case they couldn't stop my labor (which they did). I'm concerned though that the BH starting so early this time is a sign that I will have the same early labor issues as before. I had been told that because of my young age the first time, that was what put me at risk for the preterm labor. I'm into my mid 20's this time and thought that the preterm labor would be a non issue. Is the preterm labor something that any of you had experienced with more than just a first pregnancy? And if so, what were your personal "warning signs"? Thanks again for the help!

by on Jan. 27, 2012 at 11:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hannah-Belle
by on Jan. 27, 2012 at 11:46 PM

bump

Hannah-Belle
by on Jan. 28, 2012 at 12:34 AM

....buuuump....

Haylee194
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2012 at 1:37 AM
I didn't have any problems with my first pregnancy but this one I start having braxton hicks at nineteen weeks it really concerned me because how often I was getting them, my midwife had me decrease my work at twenty six weeks due to going into preterm labor. I would say be very cautious with them if you notice you are getting them wgen you do certain things like work I would take it serious and maybe decrease work now before it gets bad.. I hope this helps. I'm also young, but I never heard of that causing preterm labor.. Have you talked to your doc about it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Jan. 28, 2012 at 1:49 AM
No idea!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Jan. 28, 2012 at 2:06 AM

I had braxton hicks in the first trimester with both pregnancies. It was definitely worse the second time though. That's all I can tell you though. I never had preterm labor.

Mrs.Campfield
by on Jan. 28, 2012 at 7:34 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trinity0mamma
by on Jan. 28, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Hey there i myself have been hacing BH since i was 13 weeks i am almost in my 19th week and so far every thing seems to be going well

chubbybabys
by on Jan. 28, 2012 at 1:01 PM
My firs pregnancy, I started getting them at 20 weeks, my second I got them around 13 weeks. I called the Dr cause I was getting 8 in an hour. They wasn't even concerned. My third pregnancy was the same way, but this time more painful. My first I went 2 days over, second 2 days early and third, they induced 2 weeks early due to to much fluid. Other then being uncomfortable, they never cause any problems, for me anyways.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
earthmama727
by on Jan. 28, 2012 at 1:26 PM

Never went into preterm labor... But i know i had some BH in my 2nd tri with my first... They never hurt for me though, just felt like a hardening...   I'd talk to your provider and see if it's something they are concerned about... But I probably wouldn't worry too much unless it was painful or really persistant.  Good luck!

Hannah-Belle
by on Jan. 28, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Thanks for the help! I have already spoken to my practitioner and as for now I've just been told to be cautious of activity that I notice is preceeding the BH in case they lead to real contractions. Thanks again!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN