Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need ur experiences on post belly after a c section,,pls

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:02 AM
  • 5 Replies

ok its been 2 months since i had my son via c section.. (i didnt have a chioce he was a emergency) anyways my belly is still sore, tender and my lwer part of my belly is still somewhat numb which hurts some times.. is it normal for it to be sore still? my incision is fine.

I ve been out of work the whole pregnancy and on bed rest so i wasnt able to keep up my normal activity.  I started back at work a week ago and my job is killing me my jb is very full on physical activity and ive been in pain all over but especailly my belly.. there are sometimes that its hard to get out of bed in the mornings..so im wondering if this is all normal belly still being tender and sore after 2 months? I really want to start exercising but i cant until this soreness goes away.. :(

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MommyRJ
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:04 AM
I've had 2 and it took 6+ months to feel totally normal again. My youngest is now 19mand I'm finally not as numb

2 months isn't a very long time. It's normal
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jakesmom323
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:09 AM

I had a c-section 2 years ago and the incision hurts sometimes and the numbness will go away after about 6+ months when all the nerves reconnect.  You had a serious surgery and there is a long recovery. Thats why they tell you to not have a baby till 2 years later.   I'm having another one this summer and scared.  All your concerns are normal and I hope you feel better.

MommyRJ
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:11 AM
That's not true. Mine were born less than 2 years apart. I got pregnant when my 1st was 9m. They never said anything to me like that

Quoting jakesmom323:

I had a c-section 2 years ago and the incision hurts sometimes and the numbness will go away after about 6+ months when all the nerves reconnect.  You had a serious surgery and there is a long recovery. Thats why they tell you to not have a baby till 2 years later.   I'm having another one this summer and scared.  All your concerns are normal and I hope you feel better.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jakesmom323
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:32 AM

I'm not hear to agrue or be negative.  It is a true statement and your uterus could rupture if you have a baby to early before you heal.  They recomment to wait 2 years to fully heal.  I'm glad yours did not and you didn't have any complications. Kudos.

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:34 AM
Mine was sore for a long time and numb... You should try one of those belly wrap support things... They make some especially for after c sections, I'm going to try one this time...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)