Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC and birth control

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:40 AM
  • 6 Replies

Okay so I tried looking this up online, but I can't really find anything.  First I have never been on a hormonal birth control, I got pregnant with my first right away because we just weren't being careful. We waited 9 months after our first one was born and started trying again, during that 9 months all we used was the pull out method, and condoms. I'm really regular in my cycles and I am very in tune to my body so during the week I ovulated we used condoms. It worked for us and when we decided to get pregnant again we got pregnant right away. 

But I have a lot of friends who had a hard time getting pregnant, the ones on birth control most of them it took at least 4 months to a year. I know it can take awhile going off birth control, but my question is if you have never been on birth control is it easier to get pregnant since your hormones haven't been messed with? Does anyone know? I'm just curious.

What was your experience? Were you on a hormonal birth control, how long did it take you to get pregnant once you were off? And if you weren't ever on one how long did it take?

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MommyIsMyName90
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:32 AM
It took about a year for me to have a successful pregnancy after stopping hormonal birth control. I will never take that stuff again. EVER.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CowgirlMama0508
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:35 AM
I had the mirena and it took us 8mo to get pregnant with ds
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilSarahgirl
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:20 PM
I was on a hormonal birth control pill before 2 of my 3 pregnancies. In both cases it took 2-3 months. It didn't make a difference for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Morgan
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:33 PM

i've never been on bc and we can get pregnant easy  its never taken that long after we decide we are going for it.

TTC2Long
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I was on the pill for 10 years to control crazy cycles before going off to ttc. It took 2 years, 2 months and 2 cycles of clomid to get pregnant. But who knows if it was my weird cycles or the tremendous amount of stress I was under at work that whole time. I quit my job and started sleeping right and exercising daily and got pregnant a few months later.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TTC2Long
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:00 PM
Oh, and it took about a year before my cycles regulated to their own natural pattern after going off the pill.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)