Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Quick Update*This is probably going to add more stress than not, but I'm desperate.

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:06 AM
  • 4 Replies

Has anyone experienced bleeding in the first trimester and it be okay? Here is my situation... Saturday I did some lifting (not too heavy) and running up and down stairs a lot (we are in the process of selling our house and had to move things to storage) and Sunday came around and I was sitting on here doing some school work and I felt a quick twinge and cramp went to the bathroom and realized I was bleeding. It lasted maybe an hour and the cramps went away after a half hour. I only bled maybe enough to fill a panty liner. I called the ER and they said unless my cramps became severe or I started bleeding heavy to wait and call my ob. So, I called my ob on Monday and talked to a nurse since he was in surgery and she said that it can be normal and not to freak out, but at this point it's a waiting game... and if my ob thought it was of concern he would calI me back. I went in to do my first intial pregnancy blood work yesterday and the lady said they'd have all but one of the results in by the ned of the day and I sitll haven't gotten a call ( I thought maybe if the numbers didn't look good maybe they would call?) Anyhow, now I'm stuck waiting until 2nd of March for my 2nd appt and I'm already going nuts feeling like I'm stuck in limbo with whether or not this pregnancy is going to progress. I should be a little past 5 weeks. ( I have LPD so we won't have an official due date until my next appt and we do another ultrasound). Oh yea, we did an ultrasound at my first appt and we did see the sac in my uterus, but it was too early for anything else. Anyone ever gone through this and things be just fine??? 
I got my blood work results back (I had the bleeding on Sunday and did the blood work on Tuesday) and my HCG levels came back good at 6,137.  I guess things are going as good as they can! Wish me luck!

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Ive spotted at six weeks before, and all was ok with the pregnancy.  I would just take it easy...and perhaps, you may just want to call your OB office for the test results.  I hope all is well momma.

sissy852
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:39 AM
I had bleeding for a week and a half and i now have a 2 month old son
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
12nmb3
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Thanks ladies.. I'm jsut frustrated that I don't know for sure.... I'm terrible at playing the waiting game and with the unknown. Drives me crazy... I tried to make that clear on the phone, but maybe she didn't understand how crazy it makes me. 

wifeyladie
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:01 AM

I would give until they come back from lunch and try calling then to ask about the results if you haven't heard already. I used to work in a drs office and some times we would wait until all the test results were back (like if one would take a day or two longer, we would just wait that day or two longer so we wouldn't be bothering them with extra calls) to call the patient; however, if we knew that the patient would worry in excess, we would try to call them as soon as we got some results. I hope that you get to hear really soon. Good luck mama!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)