Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hypnobirthing, doulas, etc. whats your experience?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:16 AM
  • 5 Replies

i'm looking into all this stuff now trying to figure out what i want/what i can afford... what have you tried? did it work? would you recommend it? feel free to touch on anything... does not just have to be the two things listed in the title. 

CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Safrianna
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:17 AM

I'm also interested in the hypno-birth/hypno-babies, so BUMP!

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:33 AM

I had a doula, midwife, hospital water birth.  It was awesome.  I have given birth on land before too.  I think just listening to your body is a big key in it all.  I labored so differently each labor.  It was nice to have my doula there as support and suggesting new positions and such.  Good luck!

LKRA
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:39 AM

I practiced hypnobirthing during my pregnancy. I know I didn't give it 100% of my effort (like it says in the book), so maybe that's why, when the first GOOD contraction hit me, I threw my MP3 player across the room and yelled "Shut up, bitch!"

lol

There were moments during labor when it helped, and other moments when it did not. But I put all that on me, and not the method itself.

LKRA
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Regarding doulas:

PRICELESS

I had three, and I love each and every one of those women, and always will. Their support, encouragement, knowledge and dedication is something no woman should ever go without.

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this

I  love my Doula. I did hypnobirthing with my third. My second I was able to do it at home but as soon as I got to the hospital I could not get that  relaxed. With my third I had at home. My midwife and Doula got me so relax that I was breathing through them like I breath every day. I went from 5cm to 10cm in an hour. My midwife was so good at this. Heck I even remember smiling through one of my contractions.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)