Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this a contraction or belly button pain? PLEASE HELP! PIOG

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:58 AM
  • 9 Replies

I'm so confused right now and google is absolutely no help. Last night I started having pains that would start at the top of my uterus and work their way down towards my groin and into my back, some of them also radiate pain into my hips and inner thighs.

I'm pretty sure this is a contraction, but I also read that belly button pain could cause the same kinds of sensations from the muscles seperating.

When I'm having this pain it hurts for anything to be touching my belly including my shirt. I keep hoping the pains are just stretching or something like that.

I have nifedipine to stop contractions once they start, but last night it didn't touch even the ones I was sure were contractions. I drank a bottle of gatorade in hopes that I was maybe dehydrated, but I'm guessing that was not the case.

I plan to call my doctor, but he is not in the office til 9:30 and its 8:54 so til then I'm asking you ladies. Thanks for any help you can give.

I'm 26 weeks today, BTW.

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
miikaanimommy
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:00 AM
I'm not sure so bump! Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peant06070912
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:04 AM

BUMP!

jonathanmomma
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:04 AM
I'm not sure, I had pains like that & it was my stomach stretching out, but if you've already been having early contractions I'd be extra safe
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peant06070912
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:06 AM

My cervix started to thin out on Sunday, so anything out of the ordinary I am instructed to at the very least call and talk to my doctor.

Quoting jonathanmomma:

I'm not sure, I had pains like that & it was my stomach stretching out, but if you've already been having early contractions I'd be extra safe

jonathanmomma
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:24 AM
I'd be at the er then but I get scared easily... i hope you & baby are ok!

Quoting peant06070912:

My cervix started to thin out on Sunday, so anything out of the ordinary I am instructed to at the very least call and talk to my doctor.

Quoting jonathanmomma:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:24 PM
Did you call your dr?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peant06070912
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:44 PM
Sitting in labor and delivery, Waiting to figure out what the plan is
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:26 PM

That sounds like contractions for sure. You should probably just go in being so early with them that bad. Good luck and keep us posted!

Mrs.Morgan
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:41 PM

does your belly get hard

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)