Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hmmm... a quick question

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:36 PM
  • 7 Replies

So yesterday was our 4 month OB appointment and both of our babies weighed almost half a pound. Now I read online that about week 17 they should weigh 6 oz.... I'm confused.... any ideas? Also, our girls are MUCH longer than online sites say they should be at this point.

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
LindsayM3
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this

those are just averages. My baby weighs more than what the internet says too. Every baby and every pregnancy is different, so don't worry! As long as the doctor says everything is fine thats all that matters!

CafeMom Tickers
kelsiey
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:36 PM

That is just an estimate for the weight. Mine weighed 11oz at 18 weeks.

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:37 PM
I agree, they are just averages. Just like two adults of the same age are not the same size, kids & babies aren't either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gacgbaker
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:29 PM

Quoting kmqw229:

I agree, they are just averages. Just like two adults of the same age are not the same size, kids & babies aren't either.

Yep, no one fits into the perfect box of what the numbers say they should be exactly.  :)

JannyLeigh
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:01 PM

thanks a ton ladies! I was reallt proud of the girls hearing they're doing so well, then I made the mistake of google-ing, the lengths seem WAY off for our girls- 4 or so inches for week 16, our girls were that long at week 13.5 lol.

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Was your doctor concerned? If not, you shouldn't worry. The online measurements are just estimates.

lovefromwithin
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:04 PM

They're averages. As long as your doctor isn't worried - there is no need to worry. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)