Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

can you get induced if your really really miserable?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:04 PM
  • 44 Replies

Im 39 weeks going on 40 next wed. and I am way too miserable I just want this kid out. I have a number of breathing problems I will even wake up in the middle of the night because my breathing is off and I end up feeling like somebody is strangling me. One night my bf had to wake me up  because I was gasping for air in my sleep and I had alot of problems, I have numerous back problems starting from the neck down to my knee and to top it off I have way way way too much stress going on for me to handle while pregnant. I remember talking to the other O.B that I see and she told me the best thing to do is to force myself to relax, however it has not worked. I tried warm baths (not to hot just a luke-warm temp) I also had my bf rub my back and get knots out I even tried laying on my side and taking deep breaths however it just lead to having breathing trouble. I understand the back pain and the breathing problems come with pregnancy but if you feel you really need baby out and if you explain to the doctor your problems would they induce you if your completely 100% miserable especially being at full term and just 6 days from your actual due date?

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lizhalee
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:06 PM
I'm a firm believer in letting baby come when baby is ready. But ask your doctor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kelsiey
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:08 PM
7 moms liked this
Lol doubt it. If you arent prepared to be miserable and deal with it, dont get pregnant.

tasha94952
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:11 PM
1 mom liked this
You might be able to.. talk with your doc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JamieLyn822
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:24 PM

Every doctor is different. Some will induce for no reason at all, some what there to be a serious medical risk first. Just talk with yours and see what they say.

JamieLyn822
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:24 PM
6 moms liked this

Yeah, that was really necessary to say.

Quoting kelsiey:

Lol doubt it. If you arent prepared to be miserable and deal with it, dont get pregnant.

Mrs.Campfield
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Not necessary

Quoting kelsiey:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HeidiLong07
I think it depends on the dr.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikkifam5
That's not very fair to say. If I could eliminate the last 4 weeks of pregnancy and the baby be perfectly ready, I would..last 4 weeks are miserable and I think everyone is entitled to complain about them...but to answer the question, it all depends on your ob... I was 39 1/2 weeks with all 3 of my pregnancies when I asked to be induced due to sciatica from the baby and not being able to do anything because my belly was HUGE! But I was also 3 + cm the day before my inductions and 80% effaced so It was okay to induce.. but I'm what my friends call a freak of nature.. all 3 labors were under 7 hours ( 6,2and 5 ) and I only pushed twice with all of them... so my induction experience was great but I've heard horror stories. But it doesn't hurt to ask :)

Quoting kelsiey:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Campfield
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:28 PM
I had many if the same issues. It was really bad and putting huge stress on my body. I was induced at 38 weeks. Your brain only survives for four minutes with out oxygen... if you are gasping for air that isn't good. Ask... the worst that happens is he says no and you wait anyway...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AliciaOlson
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:31 PM
My midwife told me the new law is if you don't have major medical issue you can't induce until you have a bishop score of at least 6 or are 40w 6d. I guess it was passed last yr.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)