Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Jealousy issues with my first born...Please help!

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:02 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hi, I'm Kady. I'm 29 weeks pregnant as of today :D...My Fiance and I are very excited to have another little princess...but with all the happieness we've noticed a change in our 6 year old daughter. One minute shes happy and excited and rubbing my stomach and helping me out and doing great in school...but here lately - Shes been "Lashing" out. Telling us that she is un happy and that she doesn't care about the baby and that she doesn't want anything to do with her. She's even acting up in school not doing her homework or listening to the teachers. Can someone please help me...I'm an emotional wreck and I don't know what to do, it just puts me in tears...

going crazy

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ToriBabe1221
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Bump!
I have a 5 year old boy, who has recently started acting out too! He hasn't said anything negative regarding the baby... but I'm super nervous for when the baby actually comes.

Hopefully someone can help!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
My3Blessing
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:06 PM

I have an 11 year old and 9 year old and I am having the same trouble with the 11 year old. He got in trouble today for stealing candy from the teachers candy bucket.  He says he's excited about the baby and he is really good with babies but I'm a little worried too. My 9 year old seems to be doing fine though. Go figure.

piinky
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:18 PM

yeah she stole from the teachers, and then denied it several times  on more than one occasion when they gave her the opportunity to tell the truth. And she wouldn't. I don't know how to handle this situation...

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Have you sat her down and explained to her what it is going to be like to have a new baby? Maybe she needs to know what to expect and that life will be different, but not too different.

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Regardless for the reason she is acting out. This behavior needs very harsh punishment. 

Quoting piinky:

yeah she stole from the teachers, and then denied it several times  on more than one occasion when they gave her the opportunity to tell the truth. And she wouldn't. I don't know how to handle this situation...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)