Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My youngest isalmost 5....

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:22 PM
  • 5 Replies

My youngest is almost five, then I have an almost 6 year old, and my oldest just turned 8. So I don't have ANY baby stuff any more. I have passed it all along to other friends. My girlfriend is thinking about throwing a baby shower for me. I'm concerned people will think I am being greedy. Do I let my friend throw a party for me and my hubby?

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:25 PM

I personally would let your friend throw a baby shower.  I guess I see showers are thrown for more than just the gifts...it is celebrating a new life soon to come. 

kylersmommy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:29 PM
If friend wants to, go ahead & let them! I agree w/ pp..I'm also in the same boat. Oldest is almost 8 and youngest will be 5 when this one comes. We sold everything we had thinking we were done. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katelynsmommy30
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:29 PM
I would! Enjoy it!! And congrats!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pacificamom
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Quoting meam4444:

I personally would let your friend throw a baby shower.  I guess I see showers are thrown for more than just the gifts...it is celebrating a new life soon to come. 

Pregnancy%20ticker

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:38 PM

I don't think they will think you are being greedy. And if they do, too bad. If you were throwing your own shower, it would be one thing, but your friend wants to do it for you. Totally ok. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)