Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Its NOT worth it...

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:38 PM
  • 7 Replies
I dont mean this judgementally and I hope its not taken that way, just a warning. If youre considering illicit or even legal drug use (unless medically required) its NOT worth risks to baby. My bio mom did drugs and although im healthy "considering" at 25 I have some very random unexplained health issues, as does my 21 yr old sis, things that dont effect ppl our age.

We may not be able prove drugs caused bur we'll always wonder and place a level of blame. I just deliveted baby number 3 n I cant imagine how awful id feel had I comprimised his health. My bio insists we were and are healthy (even thougj I was in NICU).

Anyway, just know a human is developing inside you and when its brain, immune system, musculoskeletal system etc are forming drugs really cant be beneficial. Everytine I get a new random diagnosis I wonder....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Endo.girl
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 7:25 AM
I agree with you my mum was in foster care and we got a call one day that an 'addict' baby was ready for placement with us until the social worker could find adoptive/ permanent foster parents for the little girl. She was so sweet and my heart hurts for her. She had alot of problems
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
silka08
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 10:17 AM
Aww... I thought about doing infant foster care when mine are older but worry ill be attached so leaning towards infant adoption. We have timw to figure out since I have a 3 wk old lol

Quoting Endo.girl:

I agree with you my mum was in foster care and we got a call one day that an 'addict' baby was ready for placement with us until the social worker could find adoptive/ permanent foster parents for the little girl. She was so sweet and my heart hurts for her. She had alot of problems

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarahramirez
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 10:38 AM

i agree completely! when we are pregnant its no longer just our body..we are responsible for the life of a little baby growing inside us! the way i look at it is if we choose to mess up our own bodies thats fine but its not fine to do it while pregnant! that poor baby doesnt have a choice and its not fair to him at all!!

Pandapanda
by Amber on Feb. 14, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Agreed!

JustDG
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 10:43 AM

I hear this argument all the time, and of course I agree that crackheads and coke/meth/heroin etc is horrible for yourself, let alone a fetus...but Ill drag this out a little more....I smoked cigarettes throughout my first pregnancy and my daughter was 7lbs 2 oz and is still to this day (14 years old) healthy.  She has no breathin problems, no unknown issues etc.  I also have friends who smoke pot to help with nasea etc...I know for a fact my own mother smoked marijuana while she was pregnant with both me and my brother and we are both perfectly fine...no health issues, no mental illnesses etc...so honestly, I think it depends on the type of drug and the affects that drug has on you when you are not pregnant as to how deeply it will affect a fetus...but then again I am also pro choice and believe that if a woman decides to do drugs during her pregnancy ramifications will be taken when the child is born...legal issues and all

mem82
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 10:47 AM

I agree!

silka08
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 10:02 PM
The problem is you cannot know what will happen till after the fact...so why risk it?

As far as crack babies concerned I'm extremely healthy, tested above average in school etc. But how much better could I have been w/o the exposure? But some crack babies have extreme issues and I just cant fathom risking it.

Quoting JustDG:

I hear this argument all the time, and of course I agree that crackheads and coke/meth/heroin etc is horrible for yourself, let alone a fetus...but Ill drag this out a little more....I smoked cigarettes throughout my first pregnancy and my daughter was 7lbs 2 oz and is still to this day (14 years old) healthy.  She has no breathin problems, no unknown issues etc.  I also have friends who smoke pot to help with nasea etc...I know for a fact my own mother smoked marijuana while she was pregnant with both me and my brother and we are both perfectly fine...no health issues, no mental illnesses etc...so honestly, I think it depends on the type of drug and the affects that drug has on you when you are not pregnant as to how deeply it will affect a fetus...but then again I am also pro choice and believe that if a woman decides to do drugs during her pregnancy ramifications will be taken when the child is born...legal issues and all

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)