• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what was that out of the vajayjay....

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:41 PM
  • 10 Replies

Ok so today is my Due Date. I'm contracting but nothing regular and went to go to the bathroom. I pee'd but then a little fluid came out of my vajayjay...Ummm, what was that?! I'm not sure if the water broke or what?! I didn't have that with my forst birth so if anyone's had this or knows what it is let me know. I'm also calling my midwife but just thought I'd see here too....

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jeslc03
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:49 PM
1 mom liked this

They'll probably tell you to come in. Unless you have the special paper strips that change to a green color when the water has broken. With my last baby I had the paper and it saved me multiple trips to LD. Good luck!! And CONGRATS!

Tay109
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:51 PM
1 mom liked this

WHAT paper strips??!!! No one told me about these?!

Larsbug
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I am pretty sure they are prescription only... but some women's water don't break they just leak... are your contractions getting closer together at all or are they the same? Put a pad on and if you soak it in the next hour or 2 call and go in...or just call your doc and go in anyway...

Quoting Tay109:

Mntngrl
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:58 PM
1 mom liked this

That happened with my 2nd, just one small gush and nothing else. I had her 3 hrs later. Good luck!!

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Has it continued to come out? If not it could be extra discharge. It could also be your plug.

munkiebaby
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:23 PM

ud know if your water broke or is leaking.. i have had 2 kids and both were different and i know. i cant exspain it but u just know.

Tay109
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Ok so she sent me home with the PH sticks and said I need to put a pad on to catch the next time it discharges and then test it. She siad either way, I'll know within the next 18-24 hrs and should start contracting sooner. The baby sounds fine and she said although at this point she doesn't know for sure, that it looks like I lost some water just by looking at the size of my belly. Sooooo HOPEFULLY my little girl comes out SOOOON!!!!! :)))) YAY!

Tay109
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:02 PM

I'm so nervous! :)

LifesALilHectic
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:05 PM

If you continue to leak then yes, it would be your water... Mine broke when I coughed lol... It looked like I had diarrhea coming out of my vajayjay lol (the baby had a bowel movement in me)

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
jeslc03
by on Feb. 11, 2012 at 6:02 PM
My doctor gave them to me. It is a little enclosed wheel of paper that you can rip of a little at a time and swab your vagina to see if the fluid leaking is cause to go in.

Quoting Tay109:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)