Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Brain!!

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:45 PM
  • 9 Replies

I've only seen one other post about this! 

I remember this with my first pregnancy since I was working at the time.  I was forgetting some pretty important things and making big mistakes!  Now I'm working from home pregnant with my third and I'm doing it again!  I want to tell my boss about it but don't want to seem like I'm just making excuses!!  Is there any real research about it out there? 

Monday I left the car running while me and the kids went in the grocery store!!  I've forgotten to check my boss' schedule causing missed meetings and forgotten to make calls I should have made!!

Help!!

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Larsbug
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:05 PM

is your boss male or female?

lovefromwithin
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Yes, There is a logical explanation to this!  Your brain tends to shrink while you are pregnant and doesn't usually go back to it's normal size until you are six months post partum. Look up 'brain shrinks during pregnancy' on any search engine and you'll have your answer.

LindsayM3
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:39 PM

I can't even put together a complete sentence most days! I am no help to anyone! lol!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

gacgbaker
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 7:26 AM

I've heard that there is extra blood flow going to the baby instead of your brain, but I don't really know if that's true.

gavs4boys
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 7:29 AM

I have pregnancy brain everyday at work.  Thank the good lord they just laugh at me lol

momtotwo201
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 3:31 PM

Thanks guys!  My boss is male!!

babygomez
by on Feb. 10, 2012 at 1:14 AM
eek! Not sure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarahramirez
by on Feb. 10, 2012 at 1:31 AM

i feel liexagetke im starting to get it and my whole family just thinks im exagerating(sp?) but they dont believe anything that im going through..they say its all in my head from smelling things to bein hot..it sux!

loralee341
by on Feb. 10, 2012 at 4:32 AM
Yes I remember looking it up with my 2nd because I get it really bad to the point i don't even know what I'm doing half the time
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)