• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

17 and pregnant!

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:27 PM
  • 4 Replies
So is bleeding spotting normal? I found out I was pregnant January 24,2012 and now I'm just cramping and really sleepy. What are the normal symptoms of early pregnancy? And should I be worried? Oh and I play soccer.
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
JamieLyn822
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:29 PM

Spotting can be normal. If it's heavy bleeding and bright red blood and bad cramping, I would call your doctor. If it's just a little spotting and very light cramping, that is probably normal.

lovefromwithin
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:29 PM

I'd probably change to a different kind of exercise - just my personal opinion just in case the ball hits your abdomen. It's up to you though and a doctor you trust.

Spotting a little bit is normal in pregnancy and so is cramping, and sleepiness. :) I wouldn't worry unless you are bleeding a lot and are having sharp pains.

gacgbaker
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 7:25 AM

Have you been to the doctor yet?  Some spotting can be normal, but I know my doctor said to call with any spotting, just in case- it usually is ok unless there is bleeding or it comes with cramping.  

I'd also agree with giving up soccer for a bit- it's a pretty high impact sport, but your doctor will be able to advise you best on that.  

gavs4boys
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 7:35 AM

spotting is normal in the first trimester.  I would however talk to your doc about playing soccer.  Doesn't seem like the safest sport to play while pregnant.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)