Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sleep remedies??? Anyone? I Neeeeeeeeed to zzzzzzzzz!!!

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:15 PM
  • 11 Replies

I'm only 8 weeks along - but I"ve been dealing with awful insomnia for the past 4.  I'm exhausted but can't sleep. 

Chamomile isn't working any more.  it used to knock me out. Now I drink a cup and the only reaction is more peeing.  I've even contemplated benadryl.

Are there any other suggestions?  I'm so tired I could cry.  AND I"M STILL 32 WEEKS AWAY FROM EXHAUSTED PARENT SYNDROME!!!  AAAAAHHHHHHHHH.

LOL, seriously though, any ideas?

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Larsbug
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Unisom (both types) is completely safe during pregnancy and I use it every night. You can also take tylenol PM...diphenhydramine is the active ingredient in benadryl and I take 50 mg every night.

Tracie.Rathsack
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:48 PM

omg. I need it so bad. maybe I'll try it.

luckymomof6
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:51 PM
Have you asked your OB? I had the same problem and I was told that I could take Benadryl - but before you take and med it is probably wise to seek med advice. Hope you get some sleep soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wife2jeff
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:52 PM

I'm so glad you posted this!  I am going to get some of that.  I'm 36 weeks and exhausted.

EmilyL7
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:52 PM

I also take unisom every night, and tylenol pm works wonders too, its 100% safe! I'm not one for taking meds (ever!) but being preggers I just dont try and fight it on my own anymore. I usually take a warm bath before I pop the unisom and then just crawl in bed and let the meds do the trick!

Quoting Tracie.Rathsack:

omg. I need it so bad. maybe I'll try it.

AirForceWife13
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:55 PM
Ask your doc for ambien. I love it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Campfield
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Tylenol pm. I am seven weeks and insomnia like crazy.... its the only thing that helps and all I need is one... so a half dose
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tracie.Rathsack
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:58 PM

No, I"m only 8 weeks in.  We've had one prelim "dating" appointment, and she has me coming back Wednesday for another sono and my blood tests.  

I'm still unable to sleep even though i'm exhausted.  I think I'll take a tylenol pm. just one...

Quoting luckymomof6:

Have you asked your OB? I had the same problem and I was told that I could take Benadryl - but before you take and med it is probably wise to seek med advice. Hope you get some sleep soon.

jeslc03
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 3:58 PM
I was on Zolpidem (Ambien) before I got pregnant and I asked my dr if I should stop and he said no, he wanted me to continue it since it's considered a Class B medication.

You could talk to your doc about Zolpidem if the benadryl and unisom don't work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Supermommyof423
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2012 at 4:48 PM
My Dr suggested tylenol pm when I couldn't sleep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)