Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help! Constipation...tmi

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:34 PM
  • 10 Replies
What do I do? I cant go.....its just sitting right there (tmi) and I cant go and im afraid if I force it out ill hurt myself... :( what can I take or eat to help?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Larsbug
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:37 PM
1 mom liked this

you can eat more fiber but believe it or not what works the most is 100% pear juice. Not from concentrate!

court.0125
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:39 PM
Juices always help me!!! (grape juice, cranberry juice, prune juice- if you have to! Make sure it's pure juice, too, not concentrate)

Eat lots of fibers! Fresh fruits help, too! If it's realllyyyy bad for me i take some colace (stool softener) which my dr said was okay! I take that with some juice but like I said only when it's REALLY bad!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lovebug9710
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:39 PM
Omg thank you! Im dyin over here lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kcangel63
by Freebirther on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:40 PM
Eat a couple spoonfulls of molasses. In an hour you should be fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
misslady80013
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Mix it, half prune juice, half apple juice. Most people don't like straight prune juice so mix it and see if you can get it down. I this post in another group this morning, lol. They told me to try oatmeal and orange juice also. Hope you feel better soon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yikesitsmindy
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 12:14 PM
I have been eating fiber like crazy, but the only thing that has really helped was a 20 oz coffee. Part regular most decaf. I hadnt made a decent poo for weeks since I gave up coffee but ahhh the sweet relief.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BlondeMommy85
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 6:41 PM
Try a suppository, after my c section I was backed up bad. I took tons of fiber, stool softeners but the suppository finally got it out. Felt like I gave birth out my ass while holding my cut stomach. Sucked. Hope you feel better!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Morgan
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 7:06 PM

take colace it's a life saver  and increase water intake and fiber

JamieleeB
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Increase water intake by at least 50% (you should be drinking at least 40oz a day), start eating whole fruit like apples, pears, oranges (bananas don't count), eating lots of salads can help too.  Stay away from large amts of cheese which has a binding effect.  Theres yogurt on the market called "Activia" which whill help regulate your system too.  Prunes work wonders but ONLY if you are also drinking enough water.  Good luck on the potty! :P

eykelley
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 7:19 PM
My OB told me to take colace everyday, I take two in the AM with my prenatal. When I got really bad I did 4oz of prune juice and 2 tablespoons of milk of mag and that cleared it out!! Now, I'm pretty regular again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)