Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugh, I hate gas stations....*Vent*

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:46 PM
  • 17 Replies

So DH is at a friends house 2 hours away until I pick him up on friday, so I have to go fill the tank before I go down there, now the thing that bugs the heck out of me (even though I HAVE TO DO IT) is having to take DS out of his car seat, run in and pay for the gas, run out and put him back in the car seat and then pump the gas. I have a debit card but its a freaking prepaid which doesn't work at the pump. I told DH I was annoyed by the issue and he said "oh just crack the window lock the doors and run inside and run back out" NOT WITH MY SON IN THE CAR! crazy people only take seconds to bust a window and grab a kid! so now it makes me wonder if he has ever done that with him in the car...he didn't say he did. But I really wish they would make the pumps more "mama friendly" I miss the days when they still had stations that would pump it for you and wash your window, shit I would tip the guy if he did that for me anymore. So now I am probably going to piss my son off cuz he hates being taken out and put back in right away (I usually leave him home with DH when I have a lot of stops) ARGH

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JamieLyn822
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:57 PM
Yeah, make sure you have a serious talk with DH about that! Definitely not ok for him to think its fine to leave the child in the car. Could you get another card that works at the pump just to use for gas maybe?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Campfield
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:04 PM
Ugh I hate that too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gacgbaker
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 7:31 AM

I know it's a pain- I always hate when I just have to stop for milk or something small, unload all 4 kids, then load them back up... but you are keeping him as safe as you can, so just keep that in mind when you do it.  

kblpooh
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2012 at 7:35 AM
When I am in that situation I go to a full service station, then I don't need to get out. You should see if there is one near you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sandrab2011
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 8:34 AM

The closest one is 40 mins away, so that wont help. Ugh, I wish they would make them work with prepaid cards that we get our paychecks on. We cant get a bank account so it sucks

Quoting kblpooh:

When I am in that situation I go to a full service station, then I don't need to get out. You should see if there is one near you.

kblpooh
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2012 at 8:45 AM
That's a bummer!

Quoting sandrab2011:

The closest one is 40 mins away, so that wont help. Ugh, I wish they would make them work with prepaid cards that we get our paychecks on. We cant get a bank account so it sucks

Quoting kblpooh:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aebrewton
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 8:49 AM
There is a gas station in the town right next to us that pumps your gas and washes the Windows!!!!!!! I always go there anytime I am in that town!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justone_jen
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 8:49 AM
Maybe you could have a friend ride with you? Good luck, mama. I'm sure its a pain!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Nicolas1229
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 9:24 AM

There is a gas station here that takes cash at the pump!! :)

nursetina
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 10:53 AM

I use my debit card. It isn't prepaid.  Sooooo much easier for me, with 2 little ones.. I found out my ex husband leaves them when he goes into gas stations. But our 9 year old is in there wtih her cell so I try not to freak out about ti too much b ut I don't let my children stay in the car alone for any period of time. I worry about all the crap that could happen!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)