Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

C-section

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:16 PM
  • 6 Replies

sometime in May 2012  My Doctor is thinking of me having a C-Section cause I had three Miscarrage and one born @ 23 weeks that lived for 2 hours. and my cervix is small.has anyone had a C-section and can tell me a little

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
schultzal
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:28 PM

I haven't had one, but I know a lot of women who have. I know that they were all in pain for days afterward, and the recovery is long and slow.

If it is the safest way to give birth, I fully support it. I am hoping for the best for you, dear.

doulala
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:32 PM
1 mom liked this

A cervix will dilate & efface in labor, when given the opportunities.   It should be closed earlier on.
But why a cesarean?
   If you have your baby at-term, presuming all is fine at that point, no need to add unnecessary risks to you and your baby.

mnt_2_b_mommy
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:38 PM
I have had 2, one easy and one horrific. None of those reasons sound like legitimate reasons for a c section IMO. I highly recommend a) finding out as much as possible about the serious risks associated with surgery, both for mom and baby, and b) asking for your OB's c section rate. I would avoid surgery if at all possible. Please research and know your options! Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ToriBabe1221
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:39 PM
I would not consent to a csection for those reasons. It is MAJOR abdominal surgery! I don't care how easy some moms have had it.
Do your research on csections.
And find a new Dr.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JamieLyn822
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:47 PM
I don't understand how those reasons are related to needing a c-sec, that makes no sense. I would talk to your doc alot more about why he wants to do that and then weigh the pros and cons.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Emmalynns_Mommy
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 12:48 AM
I had a wonderful first csection, having another in May with my son :)) but to be honest, those don't sound like legit reasons to be having a csection. Ask your doctor more and figure out why you are REALLY getting a csection.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)