Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

friend on bed rest @18 weeks..any tips?

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:11 AM
  • 5 Replies
Hi! My poor friend has been trying to get pregnant for years. She finally is, and is on bed rest! -Any tips? Its only been a week and she's getting depressed :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mamahogan2
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:24 AM
This coming from somebody who is currently on bedrest at 23wks, mine started at 18 too!
I feel like I am only good for baking baby. Its really hard! And I am so lonely & bored!! I had two friends visit the first week and nobody has even cared to check on me since then. Hubby is long haul truck driver, we have two other girls, 10 & 2. It is incredibly hard!!
If you want to be a good friend and you have time, visit her at least once a week, paint her toes, bring her people magazine or some library books. If you can make one or two meals a week and freeze it for her too. It gets incredibly boring and monotinous (sp?).
I have about one day a week where I break down and cry! Feeling useless as a mom & wife. I cant cook, clean, play with girls like used to, go outside, have sex, nothing really!!
Good luck to your friend! You sound like a great friend! I wish I had one like you!!
Oh another thing you can do later is throw her baby shower around 34wks. I dont know why she is on rest but around then would be "safe" for her to get out house for 2hrs. Also it will give her something to look forward to as well as being prepared for when baby comes because chances are she is unlikely to go shop for herself.
Hope she does ok and baby too!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Samantha431
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:13 PM
Wow! Thank you so much for the insight! I will definatly get her magazines each week and bring her some food or something.--i'm going to give her all my baby clothes bc she is not able to go out and shop. That should set her up nicely for the first few months anyway!- This will be her 2nd child and there isn't usually a shower..but I'll do it!! Her first is a boy and this is a girl, so it should be okay.

You are amazing. Thanks so much!

Quoting mamahogan2:

This coming from somebody who is currently on bedrest at 23wks, mine started at 18 too!

I feel like I am only good for baking baby. Its really hard! And I am so lonely & bored!! I had two friends visit the first week and nobody has even cared to check on me since then. Hubby is long haul truck driver, we have two other girls, 10 & 2. It is incredibly hard!!

If you want to be a good friend and you have time, visit her at least once a week, paint her toes, bring her people magazine or some library books. If you can make one or two meals a week and freeze it for her too. It gets incredibly boring and monotinous (sp?).

I have about one day a week where I break down and cry! Feeling useless as a mom & wife. I cant cook, clean, play with girls like used to, go outside, have sex, nothing really!!

Good luck to your friend! You sound like a great friend! I wish I had one like you!!

Oh another thing you can do later is throw her baby shower around 34wks. I dont know why she is on rest but around then would be "safe" for her to get out house for 2hrs. Also it will give her something to look forward to as well as being prepared for when baby comes because chances are she is unlikely to go shop for herself.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
connorsmama06
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:16 PM
I have been sence 22 weeks. I am now over 36 weeks and go off on Monday. Tell her to watch some movies, read, do crafts. But I have been fighting depletion sence. I also have two boys so it has been very hard.
TTC2Long
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:20 PM
I was on br for 6 weeks and netflix on demand saved my sanity. I had my laptop in bed on a lap desk and used our wireless internet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamahogan2
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:31 PM
Thanks! Sounds like you got good idea to get started!!

Quoting Samantha431:

Wow! Thank you so much for the insight! I will definatly get her magazines each week and bring her some food or something.--i'm going to give her all my baby clothes bc she is not able to go out and shop. That should set her up nicely for the first few months anyway!- This will be her 2nd child and there isn't usually a shower..but I'll do it!! Her first is a boy and this is a girl, so it should be okay.

You are amazing. Thanks so much!

Quoting mamahogan2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)