Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can babies movement cause your water to break?

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:20 AM
  • 9 Replies
I'm 37 wks with twins and these boys move a lot and it HURTS. I feel them in my cervix and it's stabbing pain as well as my ribs but I'm just wondering if they move strong enough of they can break the water?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
doulala
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:44 AM

Not likely, the sac is very sturdy.
:-)
But if there is a weak spot it may be possible.

Usually it's contractions that cause it to break, sometimes infection... 

BiPolarMomto3
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:47 AM
Being pregnant with twins means that they are putting more pressure on the sac/sacs than just 1 baby would so it coukd cause the placenta to weaken and therefore rupture membranes... My sister had that happen... Lil booger got part of the placenta between his toes somehow and moved just right and POP... GUSH!!!! The only reason they found that out is because he had a piece of the placenta stuck on hos toe when he came out...lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jlg777
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:54 AM
Wow crazy! Lol Ive been having contractions for 5 days I'm hoping my water breaks or something happens! I'm miserable.

Quoting BiPolarMomto3:

Being pregnant with twins means that they are putting more pressure on the sac/sacs than just 1 baby would so it coukd cause the placenta to weaken and therefore rupture membranes... My sister had that happen... Lil booger got part of the placenta between his toes somehow and moved just right and POP... GUSH!!!! The only reason they found that out is because he had a piece of the placenta stuck on hos toe when he came out...lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BiPolarMomto3
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:56 AM
Lol. Walk, have sex, boince on the end of.the bed... it worked for me with ds1
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jlg777
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:56 AM
Well I've been contracting for 5 days without any progress and contractions will be timetable for a good 5 hours then go away completely. :( its frustrating and I'm hoping for a water break or something!!!

Quoting doulala:

Not likely, the sac is very sturdy.
:-)
But if there is a weak spot it may be possible.

Usually it's contractions that cause it to break, sometimes infection... 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zebbyzebby06
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:57 AM
With my ds i felt a really weird movement the a pop.... Then i was wet lol..1st baby
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Probably depends on what Progress means to you~  but it's normal to warm-up and "practice" so these contractions are probably happening for a reason.    Or a sign that something isn't Right...    You might try optimal fetal positioning and other things to calm-stop the prodromal labor.    It will be more comfy!  ;-)

Water breaking doesn't mean labor so if it breaks you might be leaking and messy for a while.   And if this happens with twins there will be more concern for prolapse, too.  

What kind of birth experience are you planning?

Quoting Jlg777:

Well I've been contracting for 5 days without any progress and contractions will be timetable for a good 5 hours then go away completely. :( its frustrating and I'm hoping for a water break or something!!!
Quoting doulala:

"The traditional midwife believes that birth proceeds in a spiral fashion: labor starts, stops and starts, while the baby goes down, up and down, and the cervix opens, closes and opens.   Nature has no design for failure; she holds her own meaning for success."Sher Willis

Jlg777
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:13 AM
Well if my water breaks for me it means going to the hospital and having a c section. I've had 3 c sections already.

No progress means I haven't dialated at all. I was at the hospital for 3 hours during one of my prodromal labor times and the babies had prefect heart rates. All the ultrasounds I've had done show them doing great as well and 3 weeks ago measuring 5.5 and 5.2.

What is optimal fetal positioning?

Quoting doulala:

Probably depends on what Progress means to you~  but it's normal to warm-up and "practice" so these contractions are probably happening for a reason.    Or a sign that something isn't Right...    You might try optimal fetal positioning and other things to calm-stop the prodromal labor.    It will be more comfy!  ;-)

Water breaking doesn't mean labor so if it breaks you might be leaking and messy for a while.   And if this happens with twins there will be more concern for prolapse, too.  

What kind of birth experience are you planning?

Quoting Jlg777:

Quoting doulala:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)