Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

another vbac post.

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:57 AM
  • 26 Replies
I am pregnant with my 4th child. I have had 3 c-section, 2 of them in the last 3 yrs. I want a natural birth, however the hospital here do not support a vba3c. Hubby does not want a home birth and we can not afford a mid wife, nor can I find one that will support me with having 3 section in the past. If I can find some way to have a vbac, how risky is it with my past. My middle dd was born 3-25-09, my baby born 11-10-10 and this baby is due 9-16-12. My oldest was born 9-16-05. I and starting to think that it would be easier to just have a section. It would be cheaper and I recover well. I was up 5 hours after my last baby and never spent more than a few days in the hospital with any of my babies. I am so lost on what to do. Hubby said he will support a vaginal birth as long as it is in a hospital. What would you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
eykelley
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:03 AM
Personally, after having 3 I wouldn't attempt a VBaC. My DS was born via emergency csec. I'm 10w peggo now, and have all intentions of going through with another csec. My concerns would be that after being cut open so much, I have known people to have major complications from the scar tissue. I mean, ppl have complications from csecs all the time too, but that JMO. Idk how big ur babies are either. My BILs X wifes first was 7 lbs via csec, her second she went for a VBAC and that lil girl was 10lbs. Broke her pelvis in half!! No thank u.
I suggest doing LOTS of research, talk to ur Ob about the Pros/Cons, sit down w/ ur hubby and decide what u two feel is best. :) GL!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:07 AM
2 moms liked this

Health and safety are my priority.   And a happy experience comes next.    That is why I am pro-VBAC.
:-)


You can work to find a facility that will support you, and a care provider, but it will be harder.   You might not want this challenge.    A home birth might be safer and easier in that situation.
But in the end you do have legal rights and can not be forced into a surgical birth without consent.

mama91605
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:09 AM
The ob I am using will not go for it. She wouldn't last time after 2 sections. My oldest was 9lb 8oz, my middle was 7lbs 10oz and my youngest was 7lbs 11oz.


Quoting eykelley:

Personally, after having 3 I wouldn't attempt a VBaC. My DS was born via emergency csec. I'm 10w peggo now, and have all intentions of going through with another csec. My concerns would be that after being cut open so much, I have known people to have major complications from the scar tissue. I mean, ppl have complications from csecs all the time too, but that JMO. Idk how big ur babies are either. My BILs X wifes first was 7 lbs via csec, her second she went for a VBAC and that lil girl was 10lbs. Broke her pelvis in half!! No thank u.

I suggest doing LOTS of research, talk to ur Ob about the Pros/Cons, sit down w/ ur hubby and decide what u two feel is best. :) GL!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
clintam
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:12 AM
I had one c section then 2 vbacs the doctors had no choice I just flat out told then surgery was not an option unless life or death period.. God luck I hope you find some one supportive and you get your vbac
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eykelley
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:13 AM
I think that's gonna be becuz she doesn't want to take the chance that something go terribly wrong. :/
Sorry ur facing this tough choice. But, I would 1 take into account what DH says and feels. It is his baby after all too. My DH reminds me all the time that although, yes, it is MY body, I wouldn't be having this baby w/o him and he has an opinion too. So, I would def make sure u know what he really wants.
And then u have to decide if it's going to be "worth" the hassle of trying to find a dr that will support it. :/



Quoting mama91605:

The ob I am using will not go for it. She wouldn't last time after 2 sections. My oldest was 9lb 8oz, my middle was 7lbs 10oz and my youngest was 7lbs 11oz.




Quoting eykelley:

Personally, after having 3 I wouldn't attempt a VBaC. My DS was born via emergency csec. I'm 10w peggo now, and have all intentions of going through with another csec. My concerns would be that after being cut open so much, I have known people to have major complications from the scar tissue. I mean, ppl have complications from csecs all the time too, but that JMO. Idk how big ur babies are either. My BILs X wifes first was 7 lbs via csec, her second she went for a VBAC and that lil girl was 10lbs. Broke her pelvis in half!! No thank u.


I suggest doing LOTS of research, talk to ur Ob about the Pros/Cons, sit down w/ ur hubby and decide what u two feel is best. :) GL!


Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama91605
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:14 AM
I can only go to 2 hospitals here. Neither support a vbac after even 1 section. I would love a home birth, but Hubby is very against it. My first dd sallowed mecunium and was in the nicu for 2 days because of it. That is why he is so against it. I wish I could find a supportive mid wife or doula in my area but I was have not been able to. It seems as though it would easier to just have a section, but that is not what I want.


Quoting doulala:

Health and safety are my priority.   And a happy experience comes next.    That is why I am pro-VBAC.
:-)


You can work to find a facility that will support you, and a care provider, but it will be harder.   You might not want this challenge.    A home birth might be safer and easier in that situation.
But in the end you do have legal rights and can not be forced into a surgical birth without consent.


Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama91605
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:16 AM
Thank you. I hope it happens too :)


Quoting clintam:

I had one c section then 2 vbacs the doctors had no choice I just flat out told then surgery was not an option unless life or death period.. God luck I hope you find some one supportive and you get your vbac

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyrelsmom
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:17 AM
It is safe. VBA3C has been proven to be safer than a 4th c-section (c-sections get more dangerous the more you've had).
However, it looks like your only option is going to that hospital that doesn't support VBA3C and refusing surgery. And to do that, you need to be strongly DEAD SET on your natural birth. Because they WILL threaten and berate you. It would be a fight.
Personally, I would either homebirth, or show up pushing.
Thankfully, I found an OB that supported me for my VBA2C.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama91605
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:20 AM
I know what dh wants. He is supportive of a vbac as long as i am in the hospital. But I want a home birth, and it is my body and a loving dh should support my wishes. He was totally against me bfing my 3rd, his first dd, but he lost that battle as I am still bfing her ay 15 months. I do know it will be hard, and I don't know if it is worth the fight I will have on my hands to make it happen. Good thing I got a lot of time to figure this out.


Quoting eykelley:

I think that's gonna be becuz she doesn't want to take the chance that something go terribly wrong. :/

Sorry ur facing this tough choice. But, I would 1 take into account what DH says and feels. It is his baby after all too. My DH reminds me all the time that although, yes, it is MY body, I wouldn't be having this baby w/o him and he has an opinion too. So, I would def make sure u know what he really wants.

And then u have to decide if it's going to be "worth" the hassle of trying to find a dr that will support it. :/






Quoting mama91605:

The ob I am using will not go for it. She wouldn't last time after 2 sections. My oldest was 9lb 8oz, my middle was 7lbs 10oz and my youngest was 7lbs 11oz.






Quoting eykelley:

Personally, after having 3 I wouldn't attempt a VBaC. My DS was born via emergency csec. I'm 10w peggo now, and have all intentions of going through with another csec. My concerns would be that after being cut open so much, I have known people to have major complications from the scar tissue. I mean, ppl have complications from csecs all the time too, but that JMO. Idk how big ur babies are either. My BILs X wifes first was 7 lbs via csec, her second she went for a VBAC and that lil girl was 10lbs. Broke her pelvis in half!! No thank u.



I suggest doing LOTS of research, talk to ur Ob about the Pros/Cons, sit down w/ ur hubby and decide what u two feel is best. :) GL!



Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama91605
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:22 AM
I wish I could find an ob to support me. I just want 1 natural birth. I wish I knew what I know now with my first and I would never have had a section to begin with.


Quoting tyrelsmom:

It is safe. VBA3C has been proven to be safer than a 4th c-section (c-sections get more dangerous the more you've had).

However, it looks like your only option is going to that hospital that doesn't support VBA3C and refusing surgery. And to do that, you need to be strongly DEAD SET on your natural birth. Because they WILL threaten and berate you. It would be a fight.

Personally, I would either homebirth, or show up pushing.

Thankfully, I found an OB that supported me for my VBA2C.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)