Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

May have jump started my delivery and freaking out........TMI (for some)

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:52 AM
  • 8 Replies

So tonight, DH decides that he's tired of waiting to try out the 'sex' trick. So yea, we end up having sex. I must say I enjoyed myself alot more than I figured I would hahaa....ANYWAYS....It apparently worked! I have some liquid coming from my breast (a small amount was expressed) and not even 15 minutes later I have this massive pressure against my pelvic bone and tail bone. Then about 5 minutes later I start having cramping in the front and alot of tension in my lower back. So I'm like okay, I'm having contractions. Mild enough, tolerable pain. But I go to time them and I'm too busy paying attention to my breathing. So I'm not sure how close they are. I would say at least around 20 minutes apart. I start to get a little anxious. So I went and took a shower, thinking OMG we just had sex, I dont wan't to go into labor and smell like sex!!!!!!!! Stupid me is worried about that and that I didn't shave lastnight like I normally do. So yea.....worried about the fact that I have some hair down there. I think I'm going crazy!

I tried going to sleep and just couldn't. by the time I started to fall asleep I would have a contraction. 

So now, I'm just wondering how long it'll take before the contractions get more intense. To the point that I can't focus during one.   My bag and the baby's bag have been packed and in the trunk of the car for a little over 2 weeks now. Besides a few little things that I use every day. My daughter is at her Nana's. And if I do go into labor she will then proceed to go to her fathers house (I don't want her to see me in pain like that, she's a very emotional child and doesn't like to see me hurting or anything), because my mother will be in the labor room with me. Everything else is ready. But I'm freaking out!!!!!!!!! 

Anyone else going through this??????? Any suggestions on what to do???????

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Bgrace
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:15 AM
As cheesy as this is- Baby zone has a quick quiz you can take to describe your symptoms to give you an idea if you're in labor and should take a trip to the hospital. If you google "am I in labor?" that's the name of the quiz, and it should be one of the first things google pulls for you. Good luck!
doulala
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:16 AM

What you described is normal after sex for many, not labor though.     If your body is Ready it may push it over the edge.    But if not you'll go back to normal soon enough.    You may still have another month of this, who knows!

:-)

Good luck, and keep us posted!

SAHM2011
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Yeah, I believe that you  are correct. I finally went to bed lastnight. Woke up this morning and well yea, no baby. I was still at home. Still dissapointed!. DANG IT! I really wanted to go into labor lastnight..............blah! 

Quoting doulala:

What you described is normal after sex for many, not labor though.     If your body is Ready it may push it over the edge.    But if not you'll go back to normal soon enough.    You may still have another month of this, who knows!

andiecheyenne
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:42 PM
I never went into labor on my own... so bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommymary6507
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:43 PM

I am 5 days over now, and my only hope I am seeing is for the 17th when I will be induced. Good luck :) NOTHING works unless baby is ready truthfully lol.

nebraskamomof3
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:51 PM

If you are reacting like that after sex than your body is getting closer to delivery. If you really want this baby out keep having sex and one of these times it will work! All 3 of my labors were brought on by sex! But it wouldn't have worked unless my body was really ready to go into labor. HTH!! and I hope to read your birth story very soon!

Quoting SAHM2011:

Yeah, I believe that you  are correct. I finally went to bed lastnight. Woke up this morning and well yea, no baby. I was still at home. Still dissapointed!. DANG IT! I really wanted to go into labor lastnight..............blah! 

Quoting doulala:

Lilypie Maternity tickers

pacificamom
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:52 PM

Quoting doulala:

Pregnancy%20ticker

Fightclmembr
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:55 PM
I had sex every day the last month of my pregnancy, never put me into labor, but it always got those BH rolling!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)