Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When did you tell....

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:38 AM
  • 27 Replies
your family and friends you were expecting? Dh is, for some reason, having me stay quiet but I'm unsure how long I'm going to be able to stay quiet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KatieGirls2
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:40 AM
Some people wait till after 12wks or the first trimester because risk of miscarriage goes down a lot after you get to that point. I told right away but I didn't find out till I was 12 and 8wks along...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KaRaBaSsEtT
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:46 AM
I was around 12-13wks this time. No reason really, I just wasn't ready to make the announcement!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RebBel89
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:17 AM

DH wanted to tell his mom the day we found out... which was before my period even came. We ended up telling his mom only a couple days after. We found out about a week before my mom's 50th bday, which was also only a few days before Christmas, so we creatively told her as part of her birthday gift, and everyone else found out after.

robibuni
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Immediate family (mom, dad, MIL, FIL) was told when we got a positive because we knew in the event of a miscarriage, they would be supportive. That's how we judged who we told...if they would be a positive influence if we miscarried, we told them.

Otherwise, extended family and all our friends found out AFTER we had our first appt where we had an u/s making sure there was a heartbeat and everything. :)

mem82
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:24 AM

I wante to wait until after 9 weeks with both 3rd and 4th pregnancies, but my Hubby couldn't wait.

Actingbaby
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:49 AM

I have always waited until 12 or 13 weeks to tell anyone, other than Dh and my mom, because the very first time I got pregnant  I told EVERYONE asap and then I miscarried and it sucked to have to tell all those people what had happened.

supernoodle2
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:50 AM
I told my mom at like 9wks.. I fb it at 13wks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lezgirl0109
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:56 AM

We have the couple people that will know first but to tell our families (they live in other states) We are waiting till the U/S after 12 weeks. We are getting recordable cards recording the heartbeat and putting the pic in. We will put on facebook after we tell the family.

chrissydan
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:03 AM
We told at 5 weeks because my dh was leaving and we both wanted to tell and also he wanted me to have support in case something happened
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
misslady80013
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:17 AM
I am so sorry. I also miscarried early on 5 years ago. This time, I was beyond surprised, happy, and excited so I was spilling my news around 5 weeks and continued to pray everything will be okay. I am 32 weeks and we are fine.

Quoting Actingbaby:

I have always waited until 12 or 13 weeks to tell anyone, other than Dh and my mom, because the very first time I got pregnant  I told EVERYONE asap and then I miscarried and it sucked to have to tell all those people what had happened.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)