Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone with twins?

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:44 AM
  • 5 Replies

Ok twins run in both my family (my mom's side) and my DH (his mom's side). I had an early ultrasound when I was 5 weeks we could NOT see a baby, but my uterus did look different that it did with my DS. In the middle of the screen there was a lighter section, and that lighter section had a line down the middle. I wish I could show yall the picture to explain myself better, but I dont have one! I thought that was odd but the tech didnt say anything, and neither did my Dr. I know it is also common to have twins and one pass away inside of you at an early stage in the pregnancy. I have had really weird syptoms that conflict each other. I will want/do eat everything, while at the same time I feel sick to my stomach. I had no morning sickness with my DS. So I dont know if this is what it feels like or if I really do have 2 babies inside of me. If you did/do have twins how did you know besides an ultrasound. Also my uterus is a bit enlarged for only being almost 7 weeks! I do go for another ultrasound on the 21st, but I just want to be prepared for everything!

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:20 PM

Every pregnancy can be so different.  While I have never carried twins, I have four kids, and each of them were different.  But, good luck with it all.  Please keep us posted on what your next ultrasound shows.

kris0921
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:27 PM

Thank you and I will keep yall updated!

Quoting meam4444:

Every pregnancy can be so different.  While I have never carried twins, I have four kids, and each of them were different.  But, good luck with it all.  Please keep us posted on what your next ultrasound shows.

gacgbaker
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 4:43 AM

I don't have any experience with twins, but just wanted to wish you luck!

kaves
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2012 at 6:57 AM

I found out at six weeks that I am expecting twins.  I was actually feeling really depressed about myself the week before I found out because I was way bigger then I was with my first baby.  The bloating was so bad that I looked like I was three months pregnant!  Also I was much more naseaous and extremely moody.  Before I found out it was twins I asked my mom about why I was so huge and she said it was just because my body already knew what to do.  It does depend on the pregnancy though too.  I've only had one singleton and now these two so I don't know first hand but apparently they can all be different. 

MamaCeleste0722
by Member on Feb. 13, 2012 at 12:37 PM

I have 5 year old twins. U/s was the only way I knew that I had twins. I didn't have any "weird" or extreme symptoms at the beginning. I had NO clue that I was carrying twins until we saw it on the u/s at 7 weeks. 

BTW, your DH wouldn't have anything to do with you having fraternal twins since he wouldn't have anything to do with you ovulating. Identicals are thought to be spontaneous. Though, since he has twins on his mom's side, if you have a daughter, he COULD pass it down to his daughter :) 

Good luck either way! I'll be curious what you find out! 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)