Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is an evap line?

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:18 PM
  • 5 Replies
I've heard people talk about it but I'm not really sure what it is. My friend took a pregnancy test. As soon as it started changing there was a faint positive line and control line. The positive line was there for about 45 seconds. Then it disappeared. Is that what is called an evap line?
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lmscm
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:25 PM
BUMP. Can someone please tell me?
Marimaru
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:41 PM

An evap line is the line you can kind of see even on a negative test.  It's like of like you can see where the line is supposed to be, if that makes any sense.

lmscm
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:46 PM
Quoting lmscm:

I've heard people talk about it but I'm not really sure what it is. My friend took a pregnancy test. As soon as it started changing there was a faint positive line and control line. The positive line was there for about 45 seconds. Then it disappeared. Is that what is called an evap line?

Well this one you could see. It was even the same color but the disappeared. So would that be an evap line? It wouldn't mean it was positive since it disappeared right?
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:30 PM

I usually wait and read my tests after a minute or two after going on it.  I know what you mean about seeing the line.  I would wait how ever many minutes it says in the directions and then read the test for the results. 

lmscm
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:17 PM
Quoting lmscm:

Thanks! I'll let her know.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)