Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pregnancy... the new leprosy? LOL

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:35 PM
  • 7 Replies

Anyone else notice how different your friends treat you since you became pregnant? I'm 25 weeks and I'm noticing as that number goes up, the number of invites out with the girls down significantly. I get it, I'm tired all of the time but that doesn't mean us preggo's don't like getting out of the house from time to time other than to grocery shop or make baby registries! Anyone else noticing a pattern here? I think I need more pregnant friends.. haha

CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
freefalling23
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:44 PM

I agree it seems like the only friend I have had there for me is my best friend. I'm 38 weeks prego yet she's the only one that still goes out with me to the movies, mall, or out to eat. I did feel left out too as the rest of my friends stopped talking to me and inviting me places.

Being pregnant doesn't mean I'm handicap seriously we need to get out every once in a while too. Especially since later on were going to be spending our time with our little babies soon.

Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:16 PM
All my friends dropped me with my first. And now the only friends i have already have babies of their own.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pandapanda
by Amber on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:20 PM

lol!

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:32 PM
I agree.

I'm pregnant with #3, and only have a few IRL friends.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mnt_2_b_mommy
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:34 PM
All my friends started having kids around the same time so thankfully that hasn't been a problem, although I'm more of a "loner" anyway. I am happy to see friend's once a month or every few months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caitslaton
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:36 PM
Those def arent real friends if they dropped u for being pregnant...i had that happen too...i know it sucks but atleast u find out who ur real friends are!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:37 PM

This is really common. lol Maybe no one has told them that pregnancy isn't contagious!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)