Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Surrogate neighboor...

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:46 PM
  • 9 Replies

Hi Ladies....I just wanted to vent and see how you would react to a situation like this....My neighbor was pregnant and through out her pregnancy she smoked and many times had a beer on her hand also. it made me sick to my stomach to see her do this to her baby. I wanted to say something many times but I knew that by me saying something would not change anything, since I don't even know the girl...Anyway, she must have had the baby because she doesn't look pregnant anymore. My other neighbor told me that she was a surrogate mother and that this was the second baby that she has held for someone else...i was in shock and in disbelieve...how would those parents feel if they knew that this woman has smoked and drinked like there is no tomorrow while pregnant with their precious baby...I don't know....How do you girls feel. What would you have done? I feel like I let myself down a little by never saying anything since I am pregnant myself but what can you say?...don't know...

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Pandapanda
by Amber on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:59 PM
Honestly, even if you said something, nothing could have been done. It's the downside to keeping our rights.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
misslady80013
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:02 PM
That is terrible! I know it's not my place, but I can't keep my mouth closed when it comes to the well being or health of babies or kids! That just makes my blood boil! I feel guilty for the cigarettes I smoked before I knew I was pregnant and was buying a pack every other day! I haven't touched a cigarette since I took a test and got a positive result! How can you know you are carrying another human life and do things like that?! I really don't understand it?! That is beyond selfish to me!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TTC2Long
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I would pretend I or a friend was interested in being a surrogate and ask.her what agency she goes through. I'd get their number and tell them about her. I'm sure they'd want to know and I'm SURE the parents would want to know, even if they don't have recourse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:22 PM

I don't think saying something to her would have done much, other than make her do it out of your sight.

:-(

Katie44
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Agreed

Quoting TTC2Long:

I would pretend I or a friend was interested in being a surrogate and ask.her what agency she goes through. I'd get their number and tell them about her. I'm sure they'd want to know and I'm SURE the parents would want to know, even if they don't have recourse.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pacificamom
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:25 PM

Quoting doulala:

I don't think saying something to her would have done much, other than make her do it out of your sight.

:-(

Pregnancy%20ticker

AngelasMom2006
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Quoting TTC2Long:

I have thought about doing it. My husband tells me to not get involved but I feel guilty to just keep quiet...

schultzal
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:21 PM

That is shocking to me. Often, there is a contract in place when it comes to surrogacy. The surrogate usually has to agree to certain terms as far as her activity and habits during the pregnancy. 

Furthermore, it makes me sad for that baby. :(

unspecified42
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 8:28 PM

I would find a way to contact the parents or agency!! Tell them you want to send them a congrats card or are interested in information or something, they NEED TO KNOW so they can see if there are legal actions they can take to stop her or at least not have to pay her compensation. If she has a contract, she is almost certainly in breech of that so there are actions they can take.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)