Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please help, I am miserable!

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:36 PM
  • 10 Replies
I sprained my right ankle twice within four months when I was 16. So during the winter, it swells and aches. I am 32 weeks pregnant and both feet are swollen but the right one is even more swollen and throbbing, so is my pinky toe on my right foot. My right ankle and pinky toe have never throbbed before, I am 24.

For years I wrap my right ankle and also soak it in Epsom salt but those are making it even worse!

Please tell me what I can try, I can't limp until he decides to come out. Plus my maternity leave doesn't start until March 20th! Thanks so much for taking a moment to help me if you got any suggestions.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pacificamom
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:51 PM

i'd call your doc--the swelling could be a potential complication

LindsayM3
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:54 PM

I would call your doc, but maybe try icing it and elevating it above your heart. Hope it feels better!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

misslady80013
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:02 PM
Okay, thanks, I will try both.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kdnasuti7
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:03 PM
Call dr and see if you can't get a massage. I work at a massage place and massage helps swelling/inflammation and reducing the pain.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
schultzal
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:24 PM

I would try seeing a physiotherapist. Acupuncture or massage could be beneficial.

misslady80013
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:25 PM
I just called they told me to come in to make sure I don't have a blood clot in my leg. I am high risk with a history of blood clots in my lungs and SO is being such a jerk! He sees me crying and won't take me to the hospital! I had to call my boss and she's on her way to get me, thanks ladies. I think I need to put him out!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:29 PM
Make a rice ice pack!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Actingbaby
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:32 PM

I was going to say call your doc, but read your post saying you were going in. Please update when you can. Hope you feel better soon~

misslady80013
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:46 PM
I will, thanks!

Quoting Actingbaby:

I was going to say call your doc, but read your post saying you were going in. Please update when you can. Hope you feel better soon~

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
misslady80013
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:46 PM
How do I make one of those?

Quoting lillucky8:

Make a rice ice pack!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)