Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Could you? WOULD YOU!?

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:17 PM
  • 34 Replies

My sister and her husband have been TTC since their only son was born. He is now 7, and will be 8 in August. My sister also had a son when she was 21 that she placed up for adoption because she simply was not in a frame of mind to be a mother. She sure did try though.

After having their only child, they have conceived 3 more times. 1 miscarriage, and 2 tubals, 1 of the tubals almost claiming my sister's life.

My question to you is this:  If the oppourtunity presented itself for you and your sister/loved one that could not seem to get pregnant, and was 40 yrs of age or older, would you be their surrogate? Knowing that you would have no claim to the baby, but that you would make the family richer for it?

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sissy852
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I would
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IepurasRoz
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:23 PM
1 mom liked this

wow thats a tough one and it would take a lot of thinking about it...If i already had kids before I think I would do that for my sister because she is my flesh and blood we are already a family and I will know for sure that the baby will be in amazing hands and will grow up having the best care and childhood that any child could wish for...yes I would. I always thought that for my family I could do pretty much anything but i understand if its a hard decision to make regardless and in the end its upto you if you can do something like this. nobody should ever dare to judge you for the choice you make tho

CLC52
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:28 PM

i most certainly would. my sister is my best friend. id do anything for her.

ETA. my understanding of being a sarragant is they use the other couples sperm and eggs...youre just the "oven". so its still their baby. its not like it was mine and it would be so hard to let my sister have it. 

if my sister couldnt have babies i would deffinately help her 

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

bouncing momexpecting baby

MommyIsMyName90
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:35 PM
Very tough decision. It is a very beautiful and selfless thing to do. I have no idea what decision I would make. I have one person that I would strongly consider doing it for---but I'm not positive I could actually go through with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pandapanda
by Amber on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:53 PM
Possibly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.love.my.life
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:56 PM
1 mom liked this
In a heart beat with no questions asked. I would rather have her ask me than pay a stranger
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jeslc03
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Quoting CLC52:

i most certainly would. my sister is my best friend. id do anything for her.

ETA. my understanding of being a sarragant is they use the other couples sperm and eggs...youre just the "oven". so its still their baby. its not like it was mine and it would be so hard to let my sister have it. 

if my sister couldnt have babies i would deffinately help her 

It may just be me, but I think I would get attached even knowing that it wasn't genetically mine because I would have still been the first to feel it kick, and the one to deliver it... I know that I would be able to do it, I just don't know how hard emotionally it would be.

I am sure that it would be different for everyone.

mama91605
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:09 PM
Yes I would. I live my sisters and would be honored to give any of them the gift of a baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyjenn84
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:09 PM
In a heart beat!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBear2cubs
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:10 PM

Yes I would.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)