Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NOT VERY HAPPY WITH MYSELF...

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:42 PM
  • 7 Replies

so before I found out I was pregnant, I was a little hesitant about my weight. I am 207 lbs right now and im 15 weeks pregnant. My boyfriend doesnt tell me im pretty or beautiful, he doesnt tell me that my hair looks good, or I look nice this or that day, and i feel fat and ugly.since this is the beginning of my pregnancy, im very nervous about how much weight im really going to gain.I know the doctors say 10-15 lbs is good for overweight women to gain, but even then, i will weigh 222 pounds..Thats almost 250!.. Im very nervous about being really big..all my life i was skinny. a size 1 in pants..and ever since i got with my boyfriend, i put on an extremely large amount of weight in so little time..i know i can exersize, i know i can watch what i eat, but i dont know where to start..any suggestions...

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
IepurasRoz
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:45 PM

ive no idea momma but now that you are pregnant just try to put a lot of fruit & veggies in your diet. this will also help with your digestive system so you wont suffer from bad constipation coz it does happen...congrats on the pregnancy btw :)

mjimaging
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:49 PM
I don't have any suggestions but I think I was around 230 when I gave birth to my son. Through Breastfeeding and walking, by about 6 months I was down to 170. I started at 182. I did walk every day for about 30 minutes while pregnant but I still gained a lot. I found wearing baby helped too. I've put some back on but I hope to work it back off with smaller food portions. I was only able to ride the Breastfeeding wagon for a year, he still nurses but the weight loss plateaued.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bethbeth
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:51 PM
1 mom liked this

222 is not almost 250. It's ok. Focus on healthy mommy and healthy baby and try not to worry about the numbers so much.

Pandapanda
by Amber on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:56 PM
222 is nowhere near 250.

Right now, I weigh 70lbs more than before I had kids. Breastfeeding has not helped me lose anything. I'm working hard to walk off the weight.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tginn20
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:07 PM

It is not recommended to start a heavy exercise routine while pregnant if your body isn't used to it. I would talk to your dr. and see about maybe getting referred to a nutritionist. Good luck Momma!

jeslc03
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:16 PM

I got GD (gestational diabetes) with my second pregnancy. I started at 160, and I ended weighing it at 297. My doctor didn't test me for GD until I was 33 weeks, and when the first test was way off the charts, I was sent for the second 3 days later. Well, I didn't make it 3 more days. My son was born on the day that I was supposed to be tested with the 4 hr test.

To this day I have still not lost all that weight. It is hard. But you know what? I have had 2 more fabulous, healthy children, and I have another one on the way. I started this pregnancy the highest weight so far, (not prenant weight) at 260. When I fist got pregnant, I lost 14 lbs, and I haven't gained any back. NOT because I don't eat enough, but because I eat better than I did when I wasn't pregnant, and I don't want to ever go over a certain amount. If the baby is happy, and healthy, and then I can work on my ownself being happier and healthier AFTER he/she arrives, well, the timing for my body fat may not have been right, but the timing for my husband and me was perfect.
Love who you are, and I know it is hard when the SO isn't so adoring, but he may just be in awe of what you are doing for the family... After all, it is something that he can't do himself...  CONGRATS!!

Heather2001
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Well first, most men don't think to say things like that - mine doesn't.  Second, 222 is still a ways away from 250.  If you start eating better now, you shouldn't have issues.  Amp up your veggie and fruit intake (the more raw foods, the better) and cut out the processed food and refined sugar.  My motto is:  If it comes in a box, bag, or can, it probably isn't good for me.  =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)