Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do? Seriously Need Help Guys!

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:26 PM
  • 8 Replies
I just bought a rocking chair from a friend. and me and hubby noticed we are both being bit by fleas. we have no animals and niether does our neighbors so it has to be coming from the used chair from my friend.... she has 2 cats 1 dog... im 18 weeks preggo and don't know how to handle this problem... ask for my money back or what? && can fleas harm my unborn baby if they're biting me??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
marihla
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:29 PM

I would check negative effects of RAID as this is the most effective way to cure fleas on soft surfaces. Otherwise, extensive vacuuming is a must. Unfortunately, by now, they're all over your house!

OneMoreMommy88
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:30 PM
I know its disgusting and they bite the he'll out of me... :((

Quoting marihla:

I would check negative effects of RAID as this is the most effective way to cure fleas on soft surfaces. Otherwise, extensive vacuuming is a must. Unfortunately, by now, they're all over your house!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JamieLyn822
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I would use one of those flea bombs. Just make sure you stay gone for several hours after to make sure the house airs out well before going back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlecheifsmom
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:42 PM

ur going to have to get flea power. we used sargents and you can get it at pets mart or walmart. it works like a charm. also you can use the raid flea spray, every day for a few weeks then have everything washed. and see if it worked. if all else fails bombing works the best as well as a pro carpet cleaner that deals with those issues. good luck ohh we have 3 cats and the first two things worked the best for us.

littlecheifsmom
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:43 PM

ohh if u use a flea bomb, cover everything and pack your kitchen in boxes so you dont have to wash and clean everything again.

AliciaOlson
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:46 PM
Cover it tightly with plastic, suffocate them!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marisab
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:46 PM
I would throw the chair away as what u think is fleas may be bed bugs and its not worth the riskremove chair and bomb the house to be safe
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OneMoreMommy88
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:50 PM
My moms house had horrible fleas. They're definately fleas. I know what bed bugs look like from working at a nasty motel.

Quoting marisab:

I would throw the chair away as what u think is fleas may be bed bugs and its not worth the riskremove chair and bomb the house to be safe

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)