Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

advice on baby daddy situation

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:51 PM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

I've been with my baby's father for about 11 months now, but only 6 months before I got pregnant and now that he has got more comfortable and we've known eachother longer I'm starting to see his true colors..... he's not the same sweet man I met before I got pregnant we've had our ups and downs and breakups mostly because the first few months he didn't want the baby and was trying to convince me to have an abortion........ I refused and could tell he was mad at me for it but as the months went by his attitude got better now he's actually happy especially when I told him the baby's a boy...... I do care for him but he needs major improvement on his attitude and relationship with me..... honestly if it wasn't for me being pregnant with his child I would've broken up with him 6 months ago... In your opinion do you feel a man deserves more chances and has an advantage because he is your baby's father or should you treat him like any other man that is messing up and be done with him?????

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katelynsmommy30
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:55 PM
2 moms liked this
You said it yourself, if it wasn't for the baby you would have left him months ago. I will say, a baby is a blessing, a miracle, but it does make things harder esp if your relationship is already difficult. You, and only you can make the decision on whether to stay with him or not. You deserve to be happy, and you need to be happy in order to have a happy baby. The saying is cliche, but follow your heart mama, it never fails you. Congrats on the baby and lots of luck to you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gacgbaker
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 4:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Relationships are tricky and it's hard to say if you should stay or go- I think you are the only one to answer that.  I recently heard this guy interviewed about this book and thought it really sounded like a great tool for figuring out where your relationship is going and if you should stick around, not sure if it would help, but here's a link to the book:

Love, Sex, and Lasting Relationships

TinaCrystal
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Thank you Katelyns mommy your right I need to follow my heart a baby does make it harder but at the end of the day I need to be happy in my situation with my relationship, never had this dillema before it's always been easy for me to walk away from someone who kept messing up ;0(

TinaCrystal
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Thank u I'll definitely check out the book sounds interesting

misslady80013
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 10:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Just because he is the father of your child doesn't mean you have to be with him, especially if you aren't happy! No matter what happens, don't keep him away from the baby that is just super selfish and wrong. I am sorry, it would have been over when he mentioned abortion! I told my SO when we got serious don't ever mention abortion or adoption to me if I get pregnant! I am keeping my baby no matter what so you need to decide now if you can handle that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GirlInTheFedora
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 3:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think you should stay with someone just because your pregnant with their baby. I am not with my baby's father anymore&it is better that way.

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Feb. 14, 2012 at 4:27 PM

I don't think you should be with him JUST because you are having his baby. I think he should have to treat you right no matter what. I could never be with someone who wanted to kill his own child or who wanted to put that on me. 

pacificamom
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 4:50 PM

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

I don't think you should be with him JUST because you are having his baby. I think he should have to treat you right no matter what. I could never be with someone who wanted to kill his own child or who wanted to put that on me. 

Pregnancy%20ticker

LindsayM3
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 5:04 PM

I think you answered your own question. You'd have broken up 6 months ago if you weren't pregnant. How is staying with him benefiting your pregnancy? You don't have to be together to have the baby, and if you are that unhappy be done with it. All that matters is the baby, not struggling to make a relationship work just because you are pregnant.  If he is a decent man he will be there for his child together or not. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

TinaCrystal
by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 4:24 AM

Thank you ladies I gave it a few days of thought and broke up with him yesterday morning......  looks like it will just be me and my baby boy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)