Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Feeling... (Gender disappointment?)

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 8:32 AM
  • 345 Replies
2 moms liked this
Just for clarification, to those of you who have sad, be happy, etc. I'm not NOT happy about this baby. I was upset about it being a boy, because we were wanting a daughter. I already felt guilty for my tears and heartbreak, because I know others struggle and here I have multiple children. I love all my boys and this one too, should indeed be another son. My initial disappoint was hard though and I came on here for advice and support. so many of you wondeful have done just that and shared stories yourselves. I am so grateful and appreciate all of you. Thank you!

Ho-hum still about the gender scan we had Friday. I cried on Friday and Saturday. DH feels like she was wrong. He wants to wait til our big anatomy scan late next month. I dint want to get my hopes up and be all sad again. I'm trying to just accept it's another boy. But it's hard. I was so sure this was a girl. I'll still love baby. We have no name picked at all, and I don't even know where to start for it. He said to wait. He said he'll keep the faith for us both for now. We've kinda started talking about whether we'd have a 5th or not. 5 is my max. He said he'd at least wait on getting cut and he said the other factor would be if we bought our house next year. I think he's open to it, but at the same time I don't want him to think of having a 5th later on cause I'm sad I never got to experience being mom to a daughter. The excitedness hasn't fully come back yet for this baby. That worries me. I just kinda feel like a lost a child. Does that make sense?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 8:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aireeno
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2012 at 8:32 AM
1 mom liked this
*like I lost a child
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2012 at 8:35 AM
im sorry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2012 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry you are feeling this way. :( i suppose at this point, you just wait and see what happens.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CLC52
by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 9:15 AM
19 moms liked this

baby will get here and all your upset fellings will melt away.

itll be ok! (:

caitslaton
by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 9:23 AM
3 moms liked this
I was like that too...this is our second and we have a boy he is 5 and we wanted a girl so bad...well when she was doing the anatomy ultrasound.she told us it was a boy...i immediatley burst into tears my husband was likr holy crap lol...but im fine now...i was pretty bumed for a couple of days but im good now...there is always adoption or tryin for another...and i always wanted to adopt atleast one
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-mrs.mamma-
by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 9:43 AM
3 moms liked this

I felt this way, but I was just having my 2nd boy. I was SURE he was a she...and I was disappointed when we saw the "turtle" on his ultrasound.

but I definitley warmed to the idea. and I desperately want to try again for a girl.

big HUGS!!
let DH keep the hope for you <3

Carlie: Blessed Wife to Jon (09.05.09) & Mamma to Jaxon (11.19.08) and Talon (12.01.11).

Proud Group Mod in: Love & Marriage  and  Pregnancy!

bcbmami
by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this
I was the same way with my first. DH already had 3 boys and we wanted a girl so bad! But it didn't work that way. I cried when we found out I was having boy...now I wouldn't try my son for the world!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Nicolas1229
by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 9:55 AM
4 moms liked this

I have 3 boys, and I cryed after every ultrasound because I wanted a daughter so badly. :( And thinking back now, I think I was a little crazy, because I love these boys so much, I could care less if they were purple and had green hair! LOL I am finally have my girl on try 4. Which was our last time trying. If 5 is your max, do it! You will have a daughter! :)  

kiwilime
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2012 at 9:57 AM
2 moms liked this

I was that way for my 3rd.  We had 2 DD and I was really wanting a boy.  DD1 cried when she found it she was going to have another sister which didn't help anything.  DD3 is now 13 months and a great addition to our family.  I'm currently pregnant with #4 and we would acctually like another girl!  We won't find out until April though.

3boysngirl
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2012 at 10:09 AM

Its hard i understand how u feel i have 3 boys and just had my girl but i only wanted 3 kids when i was pregnant with my 3rd and found out it was another boy i cried my eyes out expecially when my brother in law had a girl first time i was super depressed its normal but i would never take back my boys and u would feel the same trust me good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN