Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

First off i'm 5 months an 3 days an NEVER considered an abortion but anyways i woke up about 4 this morning gettin somethin to drink well walked in the living room to this tv show talkin about abortion this lady even heard her babys heartbeat but still only 2 days later she got a fuckin abortion this really pisses me off!!! Abortion should only be aloud if a female gets raped THATS IT!!!  i know this is a very opinionated subject but my opinion is every one knows whats bound to happen when u have sex wether u use a condom or not!!! I STILL DONT SEE HOW THE STUPID FUCKIN BITCH HEARD HER BABY HEARTBEAT KNEW IT WAS ALIVE AN STILL ABORTED IT!!!! This really frustrates me!!! Opinions PLEASE!!!

by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 4:40 PM
Replies (11-20):
mommy06and09
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 5:11 PM
2 moms liked this

Honestly I dont even think it should be allowed for rape. I am a rape survivor and still wouldn't have gotten an abortion. That is what the morning after pill is for. The only reason for an abortion is if there is danger to the mother or the fetus. If the mother is going to die before the pregnancy is even viable then yes I can see how an abortion would be sensible. I can also see how it would be sensible if you KNOW your child will be born with a defect that would put it in so much pain and still only survive a few months then yes, save your child the misery by having the abortion. Other than that you made a choice by having sex and not protecting yourself. Even a rape victim who didn't choose to have sex made a choice not to take the morning after pill.

NoelWinters
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 5:31 PM

"That is what the morning after pill is for."

Yeah, that didn't work for me. LoL. xD

TTC2Long
by Gold Member on Feb. 22, 2012 at 5:33 PM
3 moms liked this
You should put a language warning in your post title.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
olivejuice2
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 5:46 PM
7 moms liked this
Asking a woman to carry a baby to term and give it up just because *you* dont think she should end the pregnancy is pretty selfish. Many women who become pregnant and don't want to be don't have the knowledge, background, or support most of the moms here have. They may not know about or have access to the morning after pill, for instance. The fact is, it's easy to judge another woman just because you loved your kid since before you may have even heard the heartbeat, but you know NOTHING about the women who choose to have abortions- never an easy choice to make. It's selfish to assume that every woman has the background you have (christianity, knowing how to get by with a baby and little money/support, etc...) that makes you so anti-abortion. It's selfish to ask a woman who may not be able able to afford to stop working to stay on bedrest until her unwanted and complicated pregnancy comes to term. Its even selfish to assume that someone else wants the baby after it has been born, because depending on it's race and other factors, someone may not. Then you get to complain about taxpayer money going to support the kid who no one wanted in the first place.

I'm 24 weeks 2 days pregnant. My pregnancy has been pretty easy so far, and since this is my first I don't know what impact birth will have on my body. I'm lucky so far. Gestation can be really hard on some women, as I am sure many here know. Birth causes permanent changes to your body. It is selfish to expect someone to endure all that for a baby she doesn't want and won't keep. Eating your entire dinner won't help the starving kids in china or africa, and having an unwanted baby won't help the infertile women desperately wishing for a baby.

I'm not pro-abortion. Women should be given information and access to birth control and emergency contraception- steps that vastly reduce abortion rates. But I'm smart enough to know that accidents happen, be it in the broken condom or driving your car down the road. Women should not be punished for exercising their right as free individuals to express their sexuality as they wish. We need to stop putting unviable zygots and fetuses before the needs of fully grown, living human women.
.Sugaree.
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 5:47 PM
4 moms liked this
No, you don't see how, and you don't need to. It's none of your business and there is no point in wasting your energy getting worked up about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsmarafioti
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 6:08 PM

I agree with this post..im not a very opinionated person normally but this subject I am very one sided on..truth is abortion is not natural.. Every life is a precious gift and who are we to decide who should be born and who shouldn't...i think its the most selfish choice you could possibly make..especially because there are so.many deserving people who simply cannot have children and because you made poor decisions your just aloud to say "oops" and then go about living your life..its disgusting! Every decision has a consequence ..i am pretty sure we were all taught these basic fundamentals in grade school!!

RiNKeasMom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2012 at 6:16 PM
5 moms liked this

I believe in many other reasons why a woman should get an abortion. The main one is if the child is not wanted nor does the woman care to continue a pregnancy.

Until the day I am willing to be personally responsible for every other woman's choice, and when I am willing to give up my own rights to do as I please to my body, I will continuously support the right for a woman to choose.

Mamasomedaysoon
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Its not for me. Never will be an option. But we don't know everyone's story and unfortunatly sometimes it is what has to be done for that individual person.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LRay121
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 6:18 PM

I don't know how they do it, but its their choice. I cry thinking about what the babys go through. I read an article about how many moms regret it after the fact. Many go into a deep depression. It may have been on here that I read a post of a girl who it would have been the baby's due date and she was having a horrible day thinking of what would have been. I can't imagine.

Owl_Feather
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 6:21 PM
I don't think it should be illegal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured