Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

If you got pregnant at age 18 what would you do?

Posted by   + Show Post
If your only 2 options were abortion and keeping it which would you pick?
My mom says adoption is out of the question...
by on Feb. 26, 2012 at 10:17 PM
Replies (71-80):
Faithsmom2010
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 8:21 AM

Keep it. I couldnt carry a baby for 9 months thats kicking and moving inside me. then give it up.

danie24
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 8:24 AM
Abortion.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JAIRATRACI
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 8:25 AM
1 mom liked this
My son that I got pregnant with just turned 10 Feb 2nd. I kept him. You mom ha no legal say in what you do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsAdorkable
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 8:26 AM

Adoption is NEVER out of the question. You are 18? Then it is YOUR choice, mother has no say. I believe even a minor gets to decide....

But I did get pregnant at 18. Now I have my son, who I can't imagine life without. 

Elliepeanut
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 8:28 AM

Well I fell pregnant at 19 so guess I'm kinda out of the question.
Nonetheless I'll give my opinion anyway - mature enough to have sex - mature enough to cope with the consiquences, or gifts, depending on how you look at it.

Adoption should only really come down to it if you truly feel you will be detrimental to the babies health, having a baby doesn't stop your life, it gives you a new lease of life, if anything, expands your options. 

MoMmY2APrince85
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 8:30 AM
1 mom liked this

The choice is yours. Not your mother's or anyone elses. If it were me I would do what I would do if I got pregnant at any age. Give birth and do my best to raise a happy healthy child.

kitsune_krystel
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 8:57 AM
1 mom liked this

I would keep my baby. My parents were 19 when they became pregnant with me, my husband's parents were 17, and my son's biological father's parents were 18. My dad is now in his 40s with his children grown, and has so much freedom, money, and energy. While raising us as a single dad he was able to complete his bachelor's AND master's degrees. It was hard, with him working two jobs sometimes, but he really taught my sister and I to work hard for what we want. My husband's dad solved their income problems by joining the Navy. They lived a great life travelling all over the world, and my husband grew up in places like Wales, Hawaii, Japan, and Guam. HIs mom got her certificate in dental assisting and makes a good income (I think dental assistants make 90 grand with only 2 years of school?). My firstborn's father's parents had him young too. Both of his parents got their bachelor's degrees while raising him, and his mom is now a college professor. I started out as a single mom, but got married when my son was about a year old to a wonderful man in the Air Force. I'm going to school, and have had everything paid for by federal pell grants and scholarships for moms and minorities (I'm hispanic, and english is my second language). I got my AA online at the local community college, which allowed me to work when I needed to. Now I can stay at home with my children, and am taking my classes online at UCF. Having children young is by no means shutting down your future. They just help you to focus your efforts in the right direction, and they bring so much joy. 

kitsune_krystel
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this

As a separate note, I don't understand why some people on here think that an abortion is kinder and more loving than adoption? There are many adoptive parents out there that can offer your child a safe and loving home. Honestly, I'm not looking to adopt because I have two little boys and a girl on the way, but if you can't find another family for your child I would be happy to adopt your baby. I love taking care of my children, and my husband has a stable and good job. I've met many adopted children over the years, and all of them have been awesome people. Why deny them their God-given life? 

Navywifetk
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 9:06 AM

I got pregnant with my first at 18 and I knew right away I was keeping the baby. The hardest part was telling my parents because I was raised in a christian home and I was ashamed that I got pregnant at first. Now I wouldn't trade my daughter for anything in the world.

MJ20102
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 9:25 AM
exact same here.

Quoting lilmama3189:

I got pregnant @ 16 with my first & I was 18 when I got pregnant with my second. Having an abortion was Not an option for me, it hasn't Always been easy being a young mother but I wouldn't trade it for anything in the World!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN