Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Pregnancy Symptoms 101 - Could you be pregnant?

Posted by   + Show Post

Thanks for joining us in the Pregnancy Group!
Think you might be pregnant? Tell us your symptoms!

Pregnancy symptoms differ from woman to woman and from pregnancy to pregnancy. Here are some of the most common early pregnancy symptoms:

• Delayed or missed menstrual cycle
  • Cramping or spotting
  • Swollen / tender breasts
  • Fatigue / tiredness
  • Nausea / morning sickness
  • Backaches
  • Headaches
  • Frequent urination
  • Food cravings or food aversions

If you think you may be pregnant, it is important to take a pregnancy test so that you know for sure!

For more info:

Please share your pregnancy symptoms in the replies below!

by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 5:36 PM
Replies (361-370):
funhappymom
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Quoting nftc504:

With my first pregnancy 3 years ago, I noticed that I had to pee a lot!!! This is when I knew to take a test. This time around I have to pee a lot at 5 am (crazy random time for me), fried food cravings, tired, and my breasts are sore. Took a test today and it was positive! Here we go, round 2! :) Has anyone experienced headaches in early pregnancy?

Congrats!! I believe headaches in early pregnancy can be a symptom but if they get too bad, it would be worth mentioning to your doctor.

nftc504
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks! They haven't been too bad. I noticed that if I drink a glass of water or eat some fruit or a light snack, it lessens in intensity!

funhappymom
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Quoting nftc504:

Thanks! They haven't been too bad. I noticed that if I drink a glass of water or eat some fruit or a light snack, it lessens in intensity!

Finding a way to relieve morning sickness and symptoms of pregnancy is always a good thing.

Simply_Random01
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:12 PM
1 mom liked this

So I'm not sure if I am pregnant or not. I been having headaces a lot lately, backaches, food craving, cramps, I believe I am spotting and I have also been tired a lot.

I have been having right side pain and under my belly/above my uterus. On the right side of my breast but under it I would sometimes feel pain there as well.

Today I have the worse pain on my sides, lower back and the lower uterus and my headache isn't even helping at all!

betty1313
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:36 AM
1 mom liked this

i had a period and about 2 weeks later i spotted for three days.

funhappymom
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Have you tested? Those are all symptoms of pregnancy as well as other things. I'd test just to be sure and go from there.

Quoting Simply_Random01:

So I'm not sure if I am pregnant or not. I been having headaces a lot lately, backaches, food craving, cramps, I believe I am spotting and I have also been tired a lot.

I have been having right side pain and under my belly/above my uterus. On the right side of my breast but under it I would sometimes feel pain there as well.

Today I have the worse pain on my sides, lower back and the lower uterus and my headache isn't even helping at all!

funhappymom
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Quoting betty1313:

i had a period and about 2 weeks later i spotted for three days.

Could be implatation bleeding.

Simply_Random01
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:19 PM

I took a pregnancy test but It came out negative. Maybe it was to early? I been spotting for about four days. I still got some back pain. I'm thinking about taking another test on 12 to find out.

Quoting funhappymom:

Have you tested? Those are all symptoms of pregnancy as well as other things. I'd test just to be sure and go from there.

Quoting Simply_Random01:

criggins14
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:37 PM
Sounds like you may have had a chemical pregnancy. If you got a faint positive then 3 negatives. In order to get a + you have to have hcg in your urine. when you got the - that means there were no traces of hcg. In a chemical pregnancy your body will dissolve the undeveloped egg thus causes the hgc to disappear in a sense. If you were pregnant and it has been that long since your lmp the hcg levels should be through the roof and would give a very clear + on a urine test. hope this help. .

Quoting teenkidd:

Hi, I have been wondering if I may be pregnant. I had unprotected sex after the end of my period on march 21st weeks later I started feeling weird and experienced symptoms such as

- enlarged breast (sometimes sore)

- nausea (every morning and sometimes throughout the day)

-cramping/pressure on The bottom of my stomach (sometimes cramping on the right side)

-headaches (all day everyday !)

-extreme decrease in energy (I slept 12 hours one day)

-increase in appetite (eating all day, lost 5 lbs)

-early and light period/bleeding (I will explain further below)

-mood swings (I am laughing one minute and crying the next)

-somewhat bloated stomach

-increase in gas

-weird taste in my mouth

-heightened smell

As stated above my period was sure April 18th, but on the 15th of April I stated bleeding lightly and The color was a light pink (rarely seen red blood). That continued for about 2-3 days (also there were little clots) after that the bleeding stopped but then returned the same day but was brown and light. That continued until April 22nd. I want to add my period had NEVER been That long and is rarely light so I wondered if that could have been implantation bleeding. I took a pregnancy test and it came out a faint positive about a week later. I have taken about 2 since then and it came out negative. I have gone to the doc today and was given a urine test that was negative, the doc also listened to my stomach (unaware of my pregnancy concerns) and said my stomach was very active and chocked it up to a stomach virus. But I doubt my symptoms for the past 3 weeks have been the result of a stomach virus. Please give me any and all advice and experiences! Could I feel symptoms but my body hasn't created enough of the hormone to get a positive result ? And is it possible to have a period during pregnancy? Please help !

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RayvenMiller
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:56 AM
1 mom liked this
I dot know if I'm pregnant but these are the things that have been happening to my body, more frequent headaches, vomiting (I don't get sick easily) chills, shaking on and off, very gassy, sharp pain on my right side, I boobs feel as if they are being squeezed extremely hard, the first day I felt bad cramps in my lower abdomen. I feel tired more and more each day. Help asap please!! Could I be pregnant?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)